Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Open source layout for a TDA7293 composite amp
Open source layout for a TDA7293 composite amp
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th April 2021, 08:07 AM   #31
joensd is offline joensd  Germany
diyAudio Member

MalleMike, how is Mallorca?

This is pretty much off-topic but I give you my view anyway.

Both chips are pretty similar and of course they have limitations but in comparison they are pretty rugged devices.
Look at an amp with 2SC5200/2SA1943. Much easier and quicker to destroy due to SOA violations. (40V/4A or so IIRC)
If you want it to do more than the LM3886 you will have to parallel devices and then it´s not a fair comparison anymore.

Pd of 40W is not that limiting either. Design your circuit properly and you´re fine. Bridge, parallel. Look in the Passlabs forums. Lots of designs with Pd=40W/device and these run that dissipation permanently.
To say this is an Achilles heel is ignorance of the facts.

Your method of mounting the TDA sounds good to me. We do similar things at work. In the DIY world you can take a design to such extremes, although it would be much more sensible to bridge/parallel to keep Pd down.

Yes, this is an interesting project but we will work mostly empirically and thus I wouldn´t compare this project to anything TomChr does.
That said I hope we will arrive at a point where we measure THD, freq./phase response later.
Old 18th April 2021, 07:21 AM   #32
Astaro is offline Astaro  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

so what is your final scheme for Tda7293
Old 18th April 2021, 07:24 AM   #33
Astaro is offline Astaro  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

your comments on this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TDA 7924_КОМПОЗИТ.jpg (127.8 KB, 357 views)
Old 18th April 2021, 03:35 PM   #34
esl 63 is offline esl 63  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Interesting. What is the ration between current and voltage feedback?
Slow on math...
Does anyone have spicemodel for TDA7293/TDA7294 ?
Old 19th July 2021, 05:28 PM   #35
frankz55 is offline frankz55  Italy
diyAudio Member

I found this on the net, but I haven't tried it yet
Attached Files
File Type: zip hw_parvus-master.zip (1.93 MB, 42 views)
Old 6th August 2021, 08:10 PM   #36
Clueless but avid is offline Clueless but avid  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hey people,

is this project still alive?

I'd really like to build a TDA7293 composite amp . I am just ordering PCB's and put 5 TDA7293 Christmas Amps in the shopping cart. Maybe next time there could be a TDA7293 composite? I'd love to help, but I'm just a mechanic ... .
Old 6th August 2021, 08:47 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the reminder
It is still alive but you know, we all got things to do;
like moving flats and changing jobs.
I´m pretty sure there is gonna be progress soon.

We have created a revision of a PCB which we hopefully will get to work.
I´m gonna start populating mine in about two weeks and start to measure.
I will get back as soon as we have something to discuss, present and after I had a word with FauxFrench (who also has some PCBs).

But don´t expect anything too soon.
This might not work out as the next TDA7293 xmas amp
Old 8th August 2021, 04:05 PM   #38
Dibya is offline Dibya
diyAudio Member

@joensd

Hi

If you chose a op amp for EC , chose the one with character of dominant H2 distortion.
TDA7293 have a natural H2 dominant character which is unusual for a Chip amp and found mainly in fine tuned Dis-create Class AB amplifier.
I will recommend adding a DC Servo to eliminate NFB cap , It will improve transient response and slew rate. All 7293 i measured have slew between 11v/us to 19v/us ( Bit erratic)

I am wishing your project to come alive
Old 8th August 2021, 07:01 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

Thanks Dibya,
lovely to get advice from somebody knowing the TDA7293 as well as you!
We shall keep that in mind when there will be another revision of the PCB.
As I said, we hope to have some progress soon.

The fact that I ordered a preliminary version of the PCB (without initially posting it here for discussion) was due to the fact that I ordered other PCBs and had a timeslot for designing it.
Old 13th August 2021, 08:35 PM   #40
MalleMike is offline MalleMike  Spain
diyAudio Member

I have a suggestion , maybe its crazy , maybe its not, The best composite amp I´ve seen so far is the modulus from Tom , at Neurochrome.
Using that circuit diagram as an informative base it should be possible to develop a modified version for one or more than one TDA 7293 and a more powerful one , especially if one designs for 50 volt rails from the very start.

Of course its a very big modification , the result is sure to be a completely different circuit . Maybe even Tom himself could do it as he is probably the most competent and knowledgeable member of this here forum concerning composite amps , if he were to find it in himself to do this.

Please do not take this as an intent to copy his merits or circuit but the study of how he has done it should provide a good insight into the possible ways to solve it and to avoid some of the inevitable errors on the way. ,so using his circuit as information and learning from it should at least serve to point the way.
I am not enough of an engineer to tackle this myself so all I can do and contribute is to try to find a good and correct way towards getting a truly well done chipamp based on the TDA and hope to find the necesary others here to get there with a common effort .

Last edited by MalleMike; 13th August 2021 at 08:45 PM.

Open source layout for a TDA7293 composite ampHide this!Advertise here!