LM1875 non funziona

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
LM1875

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and I wanted to ask you for a courtesy given your experience,
could you give me a correct schematic for an amplifier with lm1875,
I'm not very experienced, but I'm trying to make one.
I followed some pattern found on the net and they don't seem to work.
I tried to find some in the forum but I couldn't.
every time I assemble one I have a problem lately
the volume was faint, in another loud noise from the speakers.
I just can't understand where I'm wrong, but I would like to start at least from a fixed point, that is a working and well tested scheme.

thank you for your kindness.
See you soon

ps this is the last pattern I followed

Tales From the Chip: LM1875 Audio Amplifier : 8 Steps (with Pictures) - Instructables...
?

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
If it is making a noise then it might be unstable or oscillating.

I assume all your power supplies are producing clean DC. For example the 17-0-17 toroidal needs a rectifier and reservoir capacitors to produce a clean -24, 0, +24 volt supply.

The layout and how you wire it all up is very very important. If you get this wrong then it will be unstable.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Have you looked at the data sheet? There are designs within that document.

LM1875

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-08-11 144153.jpg
    Annotation 2020-08-11 144153.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 450
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Its a model that should work correctly. I'm not sure there is any such thing as 'best' because that means different things to different people.

The data sheet diagram is correct and fully functional and should be used as a starting point.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
A few pictures of your build would be really helpful.

Anyway here's my schema and PCB, works pretty well. The relay is optional but avoids the very loud turn-off thump.

Edit:

I went through those links. You do not want to build this on a breadboard. At least a veroboard with tight component spacing and very short paths, as short as possible. I prefer using SMD as long as I can see them for this reason, it also simplifies layout. The 1875 is not the most stable chip at the best of times and needs babysitting. A breadboard is asking for disaster.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 242
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    525.2 KB · Views: 240
Joined 2002
Paid Member
:up:

Here's some views with the top copper and bottom copper. It might be helpful to visualise the effective current paths.

In hindsight I would have liked a different way of routing the signal ground, but even this works quite well.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 221
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 221
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.