• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Audiosector USB DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Peter, I got the Dac delivered. Sounds great with the Optical out of my cdp. But the sound gets cut off frequently when i connect my laptop through USB to optical out of my creative xfi sound card. The connections are stable, so cant guess what could be the reason.Any idea/solution?

Hi all,
Sorry for another comparison question.

Regarding the USB/SPDIF converter, I am looking for a kit that I can diy. I've read about HagUSB kit (Hagerman Technology LLC: HagUsb USB to SPDIF Audiophile Converter). Comparing the performance and sound quality of HiFace with HagUSB, anyone from here has experience and comments?

Peter, have you tried your DAC with HagUSB or Teralink X (or X2). Teralink is recommended as in this post (USB to SPDIF converters shoot-out : EMU 0404 USB vs. Musiland Monitor 01 USD vs. Teralink-x vs. M2Tech hiFace)

Any recommendation for USB/SPDIF converter diy project?

Many thanks
HT

Adding optical to USB board?

Yes, the price is correct.

In order to keep best performance, either USB or SPDIF versions are available separately only. You can however, stack two DACs, boards powering them off a single supply.

Hi Peter,

I have been using your USB DAC for a number of years now and I'm really happy with it. However, I want to make my setup more user friendly, having a meters long usb cable through the living room isn't that great anymore...

I am looking to connect it to an optical source (Airport Express). Is there any way to add that to the exisiting board, much like your stacked solution of adding USB to a SPDIF board (multiple inputs would be even better, but 1 would do also)?

Best regards,
Erik

Attached schematic shows how to do it. If you want to use existing 3V supply from a DAC, use TORX rated for 3.3V

Attachments

• torx177kg1.JPG
    torx177kg1.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 454
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.