MPP

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Wow... after all I am not alone in this subject.

Hi Frans, I see in the document the test for Adhesiveness states that with a 500g pull force, Lead wires should not shift or come off.

With such tight specs, no wonder it is difficult to remove the trannies.

Next time I will build a rig to place wires in the dmm so I can use clips to measure :)

Now I just use a strip of scotch-brite between my fingers.

I hardware stores you can buy special plastic pads that are used to clean copper fittings or pipes for warm water installations before they are soldered. They are hard enough to clean any dirt and oxide off the leads but do not scratch them. They are cheap and work like a charm, I usually clean all leads before I solder them.

I hardware stores you can buy special plastic pads that are used to clean copper fittings or pipes for warm water installations before they are soldered. They are hard enough to clean any dirt and oxide off the leads but do not scratch them. They are cheap and work like a charm, I usually clean all leads before I solder them.

Hi Martin,
how are they called in german?

Rüdiger

how are they called in german?

I don't remember. Seriously, I went to OBI and filed through the shelves where they have the copper fittings (somebody had mentioned them on a forum before) and found them within a minute. The one's I have are black, probably 5 by 10 cm, about 1 cm thick, and several of them in a plastic bag. Or just ask in there.

Last edited:
You don't mean a ScotchBrite pad ?

(what i use for everything)

Attachments

• SB.jpg
    SB.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 339
Last edited: