UGS MUSES Scion Preamplifier

Well, with the use of the UGS4 and a few other things like the power supply and voltage regulators being different, some would say that is enough to say its a different preamplifier, which it kinda is. But in terms of overall performance differences, that's too early to speculate about. But hopefully it will be great :)

I am going to take a short break from this project the remaining time of 2019. I might do casual work and planing things in the background (organize), but will not do many updates until early 2020. Life is a bit stressful atm and I am juggling to many projects, so need to clean up and free my mind. Life happens :). So while it will be a downer for a few of you who are waiting for this preamp to be fully realized, hang in there, it will happen.

Take care, Marry Christmas and a Happy new year.

Oneminde

For does who are a bit more adventitious there is the SOT-23 version called UGS4x which uses surface mount and N-Chn only, so no need for complimentary N- & P-Chn JFets. Designing the SOT-23 card also future-proof's the preamplifier for when the market run out of the original Toshiba JFets. I will do tests with both cards and report back.
Could you please share the Schematic for the n channel jfet version.. how we r converting the complimentary jfet design to n channel jfet design version..

Announcement.

I am starting to realize I am unable to give this project the attention it needs as I am heavily involved in another very large project (company) that suck up a large amount of time. I am therefore reaching out and checking if someone is both interested in and willing to be a co-developer.

Someone who has experience and is comfortable with designing circuits and PCB's. I will devote time and effort when ever possible. I am open to ideas so its not like its a locked down project.

I am starting to realize I am unable to give this project the attention it needs as I am heavily involved in another very large project (company) that suck up a large amount of time. I am therefore reaching out and checking if someone is both interested in and willing to be a co-developer.

Someone who has experience and is comfortable with designing circuits and PCB's. I will devote time and effort when ever possible. I am open to ideas so its not like its a locked down project.

and with that bombshell, I was not surprised……...

Life throw curve balls from time to time. The other project is extremely time consuming and demand quite the bit of time and I have to focus on it.
This preamp has hobby status for a reason. So with that, I would like for this project to have a speedier pace than what I have been able to give it, and this forum is full on engineers, so asking for co-development was a no brainer.
Catching one is a another story :)

Good luck to you on that !

You started this new "fantasy" thread, and mislead people to follow your "fantastic" new project .
Cocky IMHO
Start in the right end, and that is not to copy a TacT/Lyngdorf Millennium Amplifier frontplate that you fancy so much.
It's what "inside" the cabinet that counts
Talking about starting a project, in the totally wrong end......

Okay, lets address the things you point out.

1. There are many projects that start out with the design and the volume wheel and display's is the essence of this preamp.
2. I am not an engineer at heart, I am a designer. Since my vision of this preamp did not exist I had to enter the engineering level which is challenging with no prior experience and only having looked at electronics on the surface. To be fare, I've gotten som help along the way which is worth its weight in gold.
3. There where 2-3 preamps I knew about which looked good and it was a matter of selecting which one and the MUSES won, so the guts wasn't completely empty when I started this thread.
4. This project is mostly for myself but was opened up to does who are interested and therefore kept open source, but I did not cap it at a specific time frame due to not know when I would be able to fully realize it.
5. I struggle from time to time with other issues in life which is of such a nature I do not expose it to this public forum due to it being a private matter.
6. I realize there are people who would like to see this project come to fruition as much as me, but since there are certain elements that prevent me from moving forward at a more rapid pace, all I can do is wait and use the pause button from time to time.
7. Being yelled at for not following someone else time frame or potential to see projects through within a fairly short time window does not help. I am fully aware of the fact that for the time being this project is considered a failure and that is out of my control.
8. I am not wealthy and have to financially priorities how I spend my money which is one of the reasons the development is very slow for the time being.

9. I am done defending myself. If I am alone in working on this project, so be it. I will work on it when I can and unless someone else join me in designing the electronics and PCB's, I can only do so according to what I have explained in this reply.

Its not like the audio market or diya community have no other preamp to choose from. But in hindsight, creating this thread could have waited, I do agree on that part and I would have waited if I knew the time frame would be dragged out.