Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Arduino based LDR volume and source selection controller
Arduino based LDR volume and source selection controller
Arduino based LDR volume and source selection controller Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th November 2018, 11:48 AM   #1111
samoloko is offline samoloko  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdr View Post
Fully assembled kit with PS, rotary encoder, IR sensor + OLED: 200eur , with LCD: 180eur.
zdr,

I am Interested at your fully assembled kit.
Please confirm that I do not need to bother with arduino stuff - controller Is Included and programmed.
Can you offer ballanced stereo version.
Old 19th November 2018, 11:50 AM   #1112
zdr is offline zdr  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samoloko View Post
zdr,

I am Interested at your fully assembled kit.
Please confirm that I do not need to bother with arduino stuff - controller Is Included and programmed.
Can you offer ballanced stereo version.
I confirm that everything is included, but there is no balanced version.
Old 19th November 2018, 12:03 PM   #1113
diyAudio Member

thank you for reply

do you plan to do balanced version

can user tape down new names for Inputs and outputs without pc
Old 19th November 2018, 12:31 PM   #1114
diyAudio Member

No plans for the moment, I do not see enough interest. I/O names change require firmware re-upload in the current firmware.
Old 19th November 2018, 12:54 PM   #1115
diyAudio Member

In order to use In balanced system Is It possible to use arduino controller to controll not just one board but also another board, etc to double outputs from arduino controller
Old 19th November 2018, 01:00 PM   #1116
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samoloko View Post
In order to use In balanced system Is It possible to use arduino controller to controll not just one board but also another board, etc to double outputs from arduino controller
You would need two complete boards with two Arduinos that are connected either over I2C or serial, one acting as master and other as slave, and significant coding effort to make everything work together.
Old 25th November 2018, 05:41 AM   #1117
wineds is offline wineds  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
All I know is that there is no pop on my boards and they also mute outputs by connecting them to ground - the code just does not touch calibration relays for muting purposes. So I guess it must be the calibration circuit. It's not a good design anyway to flip the calibration during mute, but I guess it was due to limited number of relay control pins. I remember that someone in this thread blew up MCP23008 by flipping mute too often.

Also don't forget that entering calibration mode connects audio gnd with digital gnd, which is another bad idea during mute and a very good candidate for audio "pop".
Thanks Neb! Could you perhaps share your current 4x2 schematic with me so I can modify my unit to be compatible with your firmware?
Old 25th November 2018, 07:49 AM   #1118
diyAudio Member

Iím afraid I donít have schematics as I made mods on pcb layout only, but mod is simple: use two arduino pins instead of one controlling two separate output relays that can be used as mute instead of calibration relays. One pin is old output relay pin and the other was used to control power delay relay before.
Old 26th November 2018, 05:13 AM   #1119
wineds is offline wineds  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Iím afraid I donít have schematics as I made mods on pcb layout only, but mod is simple: use two arduino pins instead of one controlling two separate output relays that can be used as mute instead of calibration relays. One pin is old output relay pin and the other was used to control power delay relay before.
OK I had a look at your code. If I cut a track and run RE3 off Rel6 instead of Rel0 would that work with your code?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg output.jpg (37.0 KB, 332 views)

Last edited by wineds; 26th November 2018 at 05:15 AM.
Old 26th November 2018, 11:13 AM   #1120
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wineds View Post
OK I had a look at your code. If I cut a track and run RE3 off Rel6 instead of Rel0 would that work with your code?
Don't touch calibration relays. My code does not use them for mute, but they are still used for calibration. You need to take the one for power on delay instead and use it as second output relay. See pin definitions and compare them to original code, that will give you an idea.

Arduino based LDR volume and source selection controllerHide this!Advertise here!