• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

yaoin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lowrider said:

move your *** of the chair... :smash:

Actualy it happens time to time!

You people give me a buisy evening. First I promised somebody to get images from the inside now I got to get down to the club and fech that votlmeter. And that's like getting to much fresh air.

And than of course I must ask you what the hell I should do with it not to burn down my flat! :) it's still cold outside! :)

(not in Portugal)

Okay Danmark,

Some 3749 srews later here you go, be my guest but, don't let me down now as I worked myself to death here so now we are two who is dying the harman and me. And probably I could not paint tommorrow. well I manage better than the harman. :)

Attachments

• y1.jpg
    y1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 141
Re: Yaquin Amplifier

OXAUDIO said:
Based merely on a brief perusal of circuit diagrams, and, never having even SEEN a Yaquin amp, let alone heard one, my feeling is that the Yaquin is possibly better than the Music Angel KT88 one, subject of course to component and build quality

My astetichal feelings tells me that is nice inside seem to be a quality work. But I don't know nothing about those other things maybe I know what the wire is. :)

Ok, here is my suggested upgrade path.

1: Change the tubes as described before.
2: Change the output transformers. I'm sure Lundahl has some that will work quite well.
3: Change the caps in the circut for some of better quality.

This is the order I will suggest based on how hard it is to do and how much there is to be gained. It may double the cost of the amp however.

I see no reason that this amp could not become a very good one :)

If you do begin to solder in there then please be cautious. These voltages will kill you so take the usual precautions.

kaan said:
Ok, here is my suggested upgrade path.

1: Change the tubes as described before.
2: Change the output transformers. I'm sure Lundahl has some that will work quite well.
3: Change the caps in the circut for some of better quality.

This is the order I will suggest based on how hard it is to do and how much there is to be gained. It may double the cost of the amp however.

I see no reason that this amp could not become a very good one :)

If you do begin to solder in there then please be cautious. These voltages will kill you so take the usual precautions.

Well I see things different. if I change that much then this amp is not this amp any longer than it's better to scrash the whole thing and get one in transistor (solid state). At least they working.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
That Harman Kardon of yours sports its power amplifier section as a highlight, and I have read that it can be driven separately. It must have some bridged pre out - main in RCAs at its back most probably. Maybe you can experiment by driving it with a tube preamp, so to skip the input selector, and add some tube lush in the mix, as well as keeping the good drive and bass quality that you like.

salas said:
That Harman Kardon of yours sports its power amplifier section as a highlight, and I have read that it can be driven separately. It must have some bridged pre out - main in RCAs at its back most probably. Maybe you can experiment by driving it with a tube preamp, so to skip the input selector, and add some tube lush in the mix, as well as keeping the good drive and bass quality that you like.

Yes that is correct, there is an pre amp output and I tryed but not getting any sound at all when connected to the (Yaoin/yaqin?? which one?) in the front for external pre amp.

It's not easy as I don't know much about electrics at all. Anyway that is the bad part on the receiver, sometimes works some times not it's all hangs on that switch the selector.
I might get/barrow a preamp and try. As far as it comes to this yaoin it's a disaster if I got to change so many things. I think I will give a try with some other tubes and if it's doesn't work than I sell off that thing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.