Xmas Amp - Dibya's TDA7293 by Jhofland

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Chermann,
Sorry for the delay - the tracking says it left NY and is in transit. Give it another week and ping me again if you don't get it. I can send you another set of the version 1 boards (smaller input cap).

From USPS website tracking info status was last seen in NY:
February 3, 2021, 1:21 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item departed our USPS facility in JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on February 3, 2021 at 1:21 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Sometimes COVID-19 restrictions can cause delays but it seems folks in Australia already have theirs.

Thanks for your patience.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
A quick query,

If the servo is implemented, should one use the 10K or the 47k5 value for R15. It seems like it is trial & error to see which one will give the lowest DC offset.

If it is trial & error is there a resistor socket sold or some other way to help out with changing resistor values or does one have to solder / desolder.

MM

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Planning for the 680pF cap at C10, the 4.7uF cap at C201, 1uF cap at C127, Dibya's (special sauce) 100uF Silmic II for C5 and C11.

No plans for 10pf across R1, I don't think my ears are good enough to tell.

Is R15 a guessing game, trial & error so to speak, or should one use the 47.5K if not making any changes and the 10K if mods used like Pete used ?.

MM

Kokanee: have 470pF caps (for C10) in hand in case you find the 680s cause a bit too much low frequency response for your particular speakers. For R15 you will only know if you measure with a multimeter.

Cheers,

Pete

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Turion,

Yes, the “bootstrap mod” is simply Dibya’s change from the nominal factory schematic. It was chosen by Dibya based on Oscope trace observations and listening impressions. The audio signal passes through the bootstrap cap, hence Muses audio cap is used there with a small film bypass.

904725d1608921278-xmas-amp-dibyas-tda7293-jhofland-tda7293-amp-rev1-1-schematic-main-amp-jpg

Hi Chermann,
Sorry for the delay - the tracking says it left NY and is in transit. Give it another week and ping me again if you don't get it. I can send you another set of the version 1 boards (smaller input cap).

From USPS website tracking info status was last seen in NY:

Sometimes COVID-19 restrictions can cause delays but it seems folks in Australia already have theirs.

Thanks for your patience.

Arrived today...at my brother who did the payment...no problem...now he see my next project;):D

The transformer 300VA can deliver 8,33Amps each rail so its could be a stable rail i guess.
the SOA diagram shows more voltage possible at 4R:confused:. the heat dissipation should not exceed 50W at 4R.
so my 18VAC trani should be changed tho 24 - 0- 24 VAC
chris

Attachments

• TDA7293_SOA_4R.JPG
    TDA7293_SOA_4R.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 253
  • TDA7293_heat dissapation_4R.JPG
    TDA7293_heat dissapation_4R.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 251
Has anyone looked at these cheap active or “ideal” diodes? I wonder if two could be used for a half wave bridge? There are many variants out there and they are made for solar cell battery charging. Low RDSon.

US $3.73 11% Off | 15A Ideal Diode Solar Panel / Battery Charging Anti Reverse Irrigation Module batteries Charger backwash protection 5V 12v dc A
15A Ideal Diode Solar Panel / Battery Charging Anti Reverse Irrigation Module batteries Charger backwash protection 5V 12v dc A| | - AliExpress

US $3.34 12% Off | 15A Solar Panel Battery Charging Ideal Diode Anti Reverse Irrigation charger Constant current module dc DC4-28V 5v 12v
15A Solar Panel Battery Charging Ideal Diode Anti Reverse Irrigation charger Constant current module dc DC4 28V 5v 12v|Replacement Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress

Some are rather large high current affairs and not so cheap, but 50A diode worh mV of dropout is very good.

US $11.45 19% Off | diymore 50A Solar Panel Battery Charging High Power Positive Voltage Ideal Diode Controller Anti Reverse Irrigation Protection
diymore 50A Solar Panel Battery Charging High Power Positive Voltage Ideal Diode Controller Anti Reverse Irrigation Protection|Instrument Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress

Monolithic 12v 5A from Analog Devices:
LTC4358 Datasheet and Product Info | Analog Devices

Hi X

Did you try one of these?