Xmas Amp - Dibya's TDA7293 by Jhofland

Hi Kay,

All fake chip i got have V6 written on it, They will fly to sky like a fire cracker when you use more than ±25V DC.

It seems V6 chips from mouser are free from firecracker syndrome.

Hi Vunce,

How it sounds? Please can i know your subjective perspective. Did you try any preamp?

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Vunce,
That TO-264 ceramic insulator seems like it was made for this! Nice build! When will you be in stereo?

907065d1609529978-xmas-amp-dibyas-tda7293-jhofland-image-jpg

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Second channel hot off the press!!
I’ll have time to fire it up now, check offset, and pass the magic smoke test :D. I believe tomorrow I will have full stereo enjoyment. I think I have a “doner” chassis I can use ;)

I know, my inductors look sad. I didn’t have enough magnetic wire on hand, so I unwound a pair of inductors I had in my parts bin and rewound them for this application.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 503
Thanks for the link Vunce.

Instead of using a screw + screw insulation going through the IC, I normally use these clip + some insulation between the IC and the heatsink. It’s much easier if you have the room for it on the heatsink. It’s from AAVID, model Max08Blocked

BR
Eric

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi X
Is this nice project similar to that group buy?
Folsom EC7293: PVI Powered Frontend, 60/120w 8/4ohm

Fab

Hi Fab,
The project by Folsom (Destroyer_OS) is very different in that there is a discrete 4 transistor front end that performs error correction. Destroyer_OS did not publish a schematic, so I can't say what it looks like. But Dibya's amp is much more straightforward - we are not using anything other than the TDA7293 chipamp to perform the amplification with its own intrisnic feedback and gain.

But thanks for pointing out that he also uses a TDA7293.