Wide bandwidth class AB with 10mA quiescent?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We can easily spend a decade for further simulations; what I suggest is that you try out this circuit in real world--of course first just with low-voltage power supplies. This will teach you much more. How close are the bias conditions to what your simulator tells you? Is the circuit indeed stable, or did SPICE miss some parasitic oscillation? Is the predicted distortion performance anything close to the measurement result? Is the DC offset acceptable, or did it suddenly became much larger than in SPICE world?

Samuel

Sir, I completely agree. Its been days doing the fantasy thing. I really want to know whether it is "workable" or not.

Meanhile I ve again spiced up a similar circuit for 360Vpp output. BJT s are FZT458 /558 (except driver 2scw3601/2sa1407)

Attachments

• circuit.jpg
    circuit.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 155
  • output.jpg
    output.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 150
  • current.jpg
    current.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 128
  • freqww.jpg
    freqww.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 124
  • trans.jpg
    trans.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 120
Don't you need thermal compensation? IMO the mosfet's current will rise rapidly with temperature.

The gate bias for the MOSFETs are proportional to the Vbe(on) of BJTs. I suppose, if a tight thermal coupling (metallic plate etc.) is arranged for the whole module, then the thermal feedback loop may considered to be already built in.

I am not very sure of the practical consequences. But will arrange for a current limit to rule out any catastrophic events (like SOA violation etc)

The 30V amplifier is stable and working on a general purpose PCB but it doesnt seem to have good slewrate.
It can do 60Vpp at 200k and 50Vpp at 400k. All transistors are BC546/556. Is it because of these small transistors that the slewrate is limited? DC offset in closed loop condition is 200mV.

I havent got all components required for the actual high voltage version.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.