What's a good 5" mid-bass for vocals?

<< It's optimal to construct the right box and baffle for the design, rather than the other way around. >>

That may be so. However, I have this pair of columns I want to use so I'm looking to choose a driver that works into 16.6 litres. No problem for a 6.5" 165mm, but not so sure for a 6" 150mm. I'm hoping a SB 150MFC would work with the right tuned port.

I am too looking for a great 5-6 inch midwoofer that can go deep in bass and has a world class midrange, is purify the ultimate such a driver? I have a pair of paper cone satori 6” and they really suck in sound quality and measurement numbers for the money, i do not want to buy another satori woofer again, maybe scan speak 15w revelator can compete with purify? What would you say that have heard both and compared them?

I've just realised that some of the 135mm mid-bass drivers are effectively 150mm, because their cone area is much greater through having narrower metal frames. The Monacor SPH130AD as used in LS3/5A clones actually has a SD of 95, while typical 150mm drivers have a SD of 80 with their wider metal frames. So this brings all the B110 family into the picture as well. The Monacor SPH130AD actually has a Vas of 26ltr, while the SB 15MFC is just 17ltr.

Since all the LS3/5A family were designed for good vocals they're very much worth considering. And in a larger cabinet, surely, than the original design which had to fit in small spaces.