What is The Meaning of Life?

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Is it a blind goal to create a human to face a world of greed (I did my share...) and terror?

It cant be the goal.... to just reproduce. It was at one stage but as we have evolved with a reasoning and a will - I cant see that remain.

The world is a OK place if you happened to end up here - but if you think about it - it could be so much better in so many ways really - we have failed - no doubt. But perhaps there is a thread of hope that it can be fixed - but I'm not keeping my breath - except for not breading too much of the air we have polluted so intensely.

//

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The way one Chinese person described it is like this - "In many Western countries you get to choose the chef but after that you get no say at all in the dishes which are cooked. In China, the chef isn't selected by the people but the people do get a say in which dishes he cooks."

Reactions: 1 user
Yawl know there is a market in china for Dogs and cats sold as food right? Or are we not allowed to talk about taboo?:cool:

I once heard someone tell me the meaning of life in which he said this.

There's a place in your heart
And I know that it is love
And this place could be much brighter than tomorrow
And if you really try
You'll find there's no need to cry
In this place you'll feel there's no hurt or sorrow
There are ways to get there
If you care enough for the living
Make a little space
Make a better place
Heal the world
Make it a better place
For you and for me and the entire human race
There are people dying
Make a better place for you and for me
If you want to know why
There's a love that cannot lie
Love is strong, it only cares for joyful giving
If we try, we shall see
In this bliss we cannot feel
Fear or dread, we stop existing and start living
Then it feels that always
Love's enough for us growing
Make a better world
Make a better world
Heal the world
Make it a better place
There are people dying
Make a better place for you and for me
And the dream we were conceived in will reveal a joyful face
And the world we once believed in will shine again in grace
Then why do we keep strangling life, wound this Earth, crucify its soul?
Though it's plain to see this world is heavenly, be God's glow!
We could fly so high
Let our spirits never die
In my heart, I feel you are all my brothers
Create a world with no fear
Together we'll cry happy tears
See the nations turn their swords into plowshares
We could really get there
If you cared enough for the living
Make a little space
To make a better place
Heal the world
Make it a better place
There are people dying
Make a better place for you and for me:)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I had very interesting discussion about politics and religion in one of the many diy forum some years ago ( groupdiy before they switched to what it is now):
No insults, no try to convince people ( proselytising), people giving their views in a peaceful manner.

Very instructive about the cultural differences and how they 'shape' thoughts.

I don't think metaphysical subject ask for breaking rules: of course one of the many ways to answer is about religion ( more about the moral side of it) but as long as you don't try arguing about it... it often end up about moral approach of life, and this doesn't ask for breaking rules.

And i'm not surprised many answers here are about morality ( spread the world with kindness and joy).

Given that the meaning of 'meaning' here is the end, purpose, or significance of something, I would say that we are all largely inconsequential in the cosmic scheme of things. We weren't missed before we were born, and very few will miss any particular individual of our 8 billion-odd population when they are gone. My own plan is to have as much enjoyment as possible whilst adversely affecting as few other souls as possible. At nearly 62 perhaps I should also add my latest personal motto: Use it or Lose it...