What is The Meaning of Life?

The part of You that thinks it is a human being, can it be trusted ?

With it's access to limited bandwidth senses ..... does it have all the data needed to know this to be true, (that I'm a human, no more no less) or is it because its senses are limited that it ends up coming to this conclusion !

So ....... the part of You that thinks it is a human being, can it be trusted ?

Reactions: 1 user
Is the issue with our limited senses? The seminal text on yogic philosophy has sutras considering extrasensory abilities. Further it states that they are a sort of trap that can distract the aspirant seeking freedom. Whether normal or extrasensory, sense data is perceived as either pleasurable, or unpleasurable. Therein lies the trouble.

Is the part of Us that perceives things as pleasurable or un-pleasurable, the same part of Us that thinks its a human ?
Not sure exactly what you mean by part of us that is human. I take it to mean our current experience of our minds. Not human as what might be beyond this, whether that be individual awareness, universal awareness, nothingness, etc. Samkhya philosophy delineates mind, senses and the world into 24 pieces, plus awareness. One of these are the tanmatras. Which are essentially the root experiences of the senses. For example, for all sight there is a singular experience from which all sight springs. These root experiences are indeed said to be neither pleasurable or unpleasurable. They are within the scope of experience of the mind.

In as far as truths of what lies beyond the mind and our true selves; Our experience is singular. We might intellectually accept/think reality as our true selves being ________, but that is not the same as to say that is our current experience. Value lies in the efforts we make towards experiential knowledge of this reality. It's a tall mountain to climb, we will not get to the top. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't make some effort!!

• Thank You
Joined 2010
Paid Member
The Biggys Dickvs SIT amplifier.... two SITs per channel, with proper negative 2nd order harmonic (1) and 100 wpc into 8 ohms... capable of driving 83 db/w Magnepan 1.7 speakers. Something to stop my search for more amplifiers...

THAT'S my Meaning Of -Audio- Life.

(1) How about a front panel knob, like the FW SIT1, to adjust the distortion from 2nd to 3rd? (2)
(2) Randy sent me a Mini Amp with a built in switch to select... clever guy Randy is.... @rhthatcher .. I prefer 2nd order.