What are you Watching?

Are all those kids off your front lawn yet? :D

Yeah, much of the recent Nova, Nat Geo and Discovery programming has come off as recruiting films - not necessarily a bad thing, but sometimes very poorly researched.

The BBC Blue Planet documentary series - some footage of which have been on IMAX screen locally- continue to astound me. The preparation and patience required to capture those images is humbling.

Upgraded my Netflix a few months back to the 4K resolution, and while most program material is upscaled by the Vizio TV - and it’s not quite the same - but the few in native hi-res make the extra few bucks a month worth every penny.
As for the Imax, my vision has deteriorated to the point that the latest prescription can’t eliminate fuzzy artifacts when watching 3D spectaculars, so I’ve not been for at least a year.

Last edited:
blurry vision

As for the Imax, my vision has deteriorated to the point that the latest prescription can’t eliminate fuzzy artifacts when watching 3D spectaculars, so I’ve not been for at least a year.

yeah... in my case, cataracts suck... lots of starry nites driving down the interstate.. used to like night driving but not so much anymore... especially when it's raining with oncoming traffic