What are you Watching?

I love European cinema. The man on his knees - dir. Damiano Damiani (Italy, 1978). The Dreamers - dir. Bernardo Bertolucci (France, Italy, Great Britain 2003). Only Lovers Left Alive - dir. Jim Jarmusch. (Germany, UK, 2013).

If you like that kind of movies I can strongly recommend Il Postino (It, 1994), L'uomo delle stelle (It, 1995).
Good recent films are, in my mind, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (En, 2018) and A Man Called Ove (Sw, 2015).

We watched Endeavour, a British crim serial about the young Morse. Also started watching Vera another British crim serial.

If you like that kind of movies I can strongly recommend Il Postino (It, 1994), L'uomo delle stelle (It, 1995).
Good recent films are, in my mind, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (En, 2018) and A Man Called Ove (Sw, 2015).

We watched Endeavour, a British crim serial about the young Morse. Also started watching Vera another British crim serial.
Give thanks. I will watch these films. But I only watch movies. I do not watch TV shows in principle. Of course, I also like some films from the USA, for example: “The Scarface of 1983,” directed by Brian De Palma, “Some Love Hot,” directed by Billy Wilder, and many others cannot be listed.

Dave, your YT suggestion brought to mind another couple of duos (one accompanied by full symphony on a few occasions) - The Harp Twins, and 2 Cellos. Both definitely deserve to be ported to an HT rig, for the visuals of the twins, and the fabulous recording quality of both.

I will check those out, thanks Chris! Been on a 70's kick lately as I was kid and then a young teen in the 70's. So the Cal Jam 2 and 1 brought back some nostalgia and I love Classic Rock especially from the 70's.

Cheers! Dave.

Pulp Fiction is a film directed by Quentin Tarantino. I used to think it was a fantasy about this scene with police pervert Zed. It turns out that in the USA they are beaten and bullied by passers-by. The guy lives in the United States in 1991, emigrated at age 14 and defeated cancer. But in 2009, a similar story happened at night in Miami. Where are your two male police officers, and among them one female police officer beat him and abused him sexually. In Sweden, the same boorish police as in the US? https://melmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/18r-6kbFFBbpILbAW55EJXw.gif
YouTube

Last edited:
No Scott, I didn't. Doesn't sound like him at all. I do like the program a lot as it deals with the science of food and has the hokiest of props that are just plain silly at times.

Not his show, some segment of another food show. Nothing against surimi, ground fish, fishballs, etc. are found in many cultures. I was served it labeled as Maryland backfin crab last Sunday.