What are you Watching?

The last few flicks that I have revisited (in 3D) :::

94703_large.jpg
---------
57777_large.jpg
---------
102877_large.jpg

And (in 2D) ::

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

-> Directed by Michael Mann (of course), and with the music of Tangerine Dream (of course).

1. 'Brave' ::: Great Animation (picture & sound). ...Blu 3D
2. 'Pina' ::: Great Dance Documentary (Dance & Picture). ...Blu 3D
3. 'Noah' :: You can skip that one (Story, picture, and sound). ...Blu

4. 'The Keep' :: Atmospheric, dark, Gothic, sci-fi, ... (music). ...DVD (a favorite of mine since 1983)

Frank, if we feel similar towards some movies we saw some thirty years ago or so, it must mean that we are somewhat related spiritually by bloodline.

But even if we didn't, it still stands. The red color blood of all humans and animals does not think, it runs.

Yeah, Michael Mann makes "atmospheric" films; with that touch of super realism, envoutement. And the music soundtrack (movie score) always helps.

'The Keep' - A dark horror trance without even seeing monsters. ...We just imagine them, as sometimes we hear of some of them, on the news, the local, and the world news... ...We keep that in mind when we are entertained/distracted by watching 'atmospheric' flicks onscreen.

Films are a popular entertainment; they help most of us (sensitive human beings) to look away from reality... Without them, the world would be an even sadder place, for a lot of people. ...For me for sure. ...And same with music; without it it can get quite depressive at times.

We are lucky; us living on the American, Australian, European continents.
Some people living in some other continents or the same, are not so lucky. ...Of all the tyranny.

Last edited:
Yes, we now have monsters among us, disguised as normal people - this craziness belongs to a time hundreds of years ago; the concern is that it may be able to spread outward, worm its way into gentler places, like the plague did back then.

My stepson liked the soundtrack of this movie very much, he introduced me to lots of the interesting music of the period ...

Finished "Harlock". Ugh. Now I regret it. Cool visuals. One neat plot twist; unfortunately I found it impossible to connect to the people; the animation is deep in the uncanny valley. Shows you how good Pixar's stuff is when it comes to the detailed emotions.

Also a huge Tangerine Dream fan. Because I couldn't find a copy of "Diamond Diary" from the Thief soundtrack, I recorded and edited the track from my copy of the movie. Still the soundtrack to which most of my code gets written.

Last night I revisited this flick ::

23611_large.jpg

Easy going, ultra smooth, not an action genre, for peaceful people, with an eye for cinematic poetry, and an appreciation of life's celebration.
...Simple, just like a growing tree.

- Not for your average type of viewers, but for your out-of-average ones; with that special sauce in their brain, that higher level of natural simplicity.
And the music score is an excellent match. ...Puts you in a relaxed zone of comfortable numbness. ...Dare if you will. ...Will if you dare?

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Last edited:
Last two ::

96110_large.jpg
---------------------
104799_large.jpg

'Fargo' 2D: A revisit to a cool flick. ...Some scenes are plain outrageous.

'Need for Speed' 3D: Also a revisit but this time in 3D for the first time. I prefer it over 2D.
/// Flick is not great, only the picture & sound are. ...I'm thru.

Last edited: