• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

got the package :)
one remark
one bolt connection for PSU and speaker ground ??
one question
what are the most important parameters for 2200uF/6,3V ( Ripple current , ESL,ESR wide frequency range )??

One FastOn tab GND terminal on VSSA PCB, yes, it is a small module. :cool:

Simply crimp two wires to the same FastOn connector, one wire goes to PSU GND and another to -OUT speaker terminal. Voila. ;)

2200 uF/6,3 V has to be all that, many would show the same VSSA measurements performance, but at the end selection goes to the one sounding better (personal taste selection). Speaking subjectively, recommendation goes to Nichicon FG (magic vocals). :yes:

Last 54 ALFs out of 200 already received up to now, packed in VSSA PCB sets, will go to travel the world this Friday. ;)

Finally, last 40 VSSA PCB sets ordered (10-14 GB members) will have to wait for me to receive the remaining 100 ALFs. I have back order in Semelab for these 100 pieces, waiting to be delivered in June.

That is the current situation about VSSA GB. :)

Andrej, do you sent a notification when the kit has been shipped?
Just to know, i'm not in a hurry as i'm working on some other projects right now.

Not simultaneously. Over the weekend I'll publish forum names to whom packages were already sent. It is simply too much work to send mail notification with tracking number to each GB member. The ones from the list noted as not received yet will be investigated detaily. :cheers:

The KSA/KSC fit fine. No, it is the output transistor and it seems that not only one hole makes the problem. I can even not insert with some force.
The plating may have been made too thick at the fab house, and some of the flat-ish shape leads can be at the upper limit of the spec. A caliper will tell you that, and it might help other people to know what to expect.

I had that issue with 3-4 of my through-hole version VSSA boards with some of the leads (and also an unrelated lot of pcb's) On the plus side, my boards are now made on an environmentally friendly "green" production line... whatever that means :rolleyes:

Only solution is to make holes over-size, but who wants parts that practically fall out... :mad: Or run a very small drill (Dremel in my case) through the hole. If the hole was made the correct size b/f plating, the small drill bit will center itself, then you are only removing a tiny amount of material, and the hole will stay plated.