• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

I go the Frickelfest until next week but then i will build it.
I already have cabinets. You are suggesting a Hypex PSU.
Which one was that and did you do any modifications ?
I know this information is in this thread but i did not find the time to read everything.
Do you recommend double mono ?

I wish you success at Frickelfest. I hardly wait to see your VSSA implementation. :cool:

And yes, I almost forgot, I recommend dual mono construction, one SMPS per channel. ;)

Attachments

• VSSA GB Delivery start 2.jpg
    VSSA GB Delivery start 2.jpg
    729.7 KB · Views: 755
Hi LC,

I have for next months not so many time and budget to put in Diyaudio so i decided to explore my basement stock to see what could be use to build LC-VSSA on faster and cheapest side. Two picture above what i selected

- 2 enclosures 330x80mm face and 280mm deep
- 2 FISCHER ELEKTRONIK SK56/75 rated 0.45K/W each
- 2 toroids rated 300Va 2x25Vac
- 4 BComponent 22.000µF/40V screw caps

Attachments

• P1040898.JPG
    P1040898.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 686
  • P1040897.JPG
    P1040897.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 648
looks like modushop slimline
in forum store its called quasi heatsink due to the exstruded alu sides

I had not thought of putting the heatsink inside
but might be a great idea if its properly vented

Not exactly....it's galaxy line from same company. As you can see on picture the under cover is vented as the uper cover the same way. These vents holes cover the whole heatsink fins son no issue for me.

Marc

Attachments

• 5354_boitier_hifi2000_galaxy80_10mm_noir_2.jpg
    5354_boitier_hifi2000_galaxy80_10mm_noir_2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 373
Now the problem is to find an enclosure of the same quality.I personally prefer something like the Timekeeper amplifier of Burson Audio.Any ideas?
Yes, find a friendly local machine shop. They are a great resource, and these days they can usually use the business... :D

I like that look too. Simple, clean, practical. The pics below are a prototype of my new chassis. There is no finish on the metal parts, and the transformer and simple supply are there just for scale in the pics. Almost the same size as the Timekeeper, I think. For VSSA, I plan to use the same thing, but with a different rear panel and a simple front.

The board in the pics is my through-hole version (see Shaan's Pee-Cee-Bee thread), but LC's boards will go in the same place in a chassis the same size.

One word of caution: The Timekeeper has a 300VA transformer and a closed chassis. I think it depends on a fan for cooling at its rated output. I am depending on vents top an bottom, and I will probably need more than those shown. Something to keep in mind...

Attachments

• VSSA Chassis 1.jpg
    VSSA Chassis 1.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 264
  • VSSA Chassis 2.jpg
    VSSA Chassis 2.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 237
  • VSSA Chassis 3.jpg
    VSSA Chassis 3.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 294
  • VSSA Chassis 4.jpg
    VSSA Chassis 4.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 336
  • VSSA Chassis 5.jpg
    VSSA Chassis 5.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 321
You have to know the ALF double mosfet is a very good device and small VSSA layout has very low noise, ideal for headphones. Serial resistance value have to be tested to find most suitable. Also serves as a protection against full output, short circuit etc.

Hello LC
I still wait on your help (answer) to get a pair of these ALF double mosfet so I can build your amp with the same parts used at my Darlington version so I could compare them.
I know now you are way to busy, I just want to know if I can get later sometimes these parts.:)
I made the layout for your amp so I can use one of my favorite resister (PRP)
I hope all that work with the layout it was not in vain.:eek:

Greetings Gabor

Hi Gabor

Probably you overlooked that in the first batch I got only 200 pcs. of ALF mosfets from Semelab. To be correct to the ones who ordered and payed complete sets from the early start, I have to follow GB list and these 200 pcs. will go to them first. When the rest 100 pcs. ordered ALF-s will be received, as promised, you'll get them as well to make comparison. ;)

Regards, Lazy Cat

Request if i could : LC could you provide a hole layout drawing un der pdf at 1 scale juste for easy hole placement => when printed this could serve for direct hole placement on heatsink.

Marc

The problem is that my P-CAD version is not having direct .pdf output, so the conversion goes through .xps and than it wouldn't be in 1:1 scale anymore. I'm sure that 3 hole's centers is not a problem to measure and mark on the heatsink. The easiest solution would be to use VSSA PCB itself as a template. ;)

The problem is that my P-CAD version is not having direct .pdf output, so the conversion goes through .xps and than it wouldn't be in 1:1 scale anymore. I'm sure that 3 hole's centers is not a problem to measure and mark on the heatsink. The easiest solution would be to use VSSA PCB itself as a template. ;)

I Prefer à lot to use template. I print it apply it with adhesiv tape and mark with parker drill my all. So ifyou permit i will rapidly drawn a tempate and publish it here for who want.

Marc