• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

VSSA Lateral MosFet Amplifier

I already expressed my feelings about SMPS400A180 upgrade with Panasonic elcos in post #1053 :up:

So far the best possible PSU to supply single VSSA channel and it is uncomparable with linear PSU, so much better. Current on demand - always there when needed.

Tune-up of SMPS400A180 as follows:
- 820 uF/200 V SAMWHA replaced with 1500 uF/200 V Panasonic EE
- 100 uF/100 V SAMWHA replaced with 220 uF/50 V Panasonic FR
- 10 uF/100 V SAMWHA replaced with 47 uF/63 V Panasonic FC
- 4,7 Ohm NTC shorted after 2 s from power-up
- PSU connection wires soldered directly

Mid-range presentation lively realistic, enormous energy in low-range, even more transparent and controlled bass. :yes:

Hi LC,

Do you have the part # of those caps and NTC? It would really be appreciated. Or maybe just put them in the BoM.

Thanks
Do

Hi guys

Yes I am receiving all the payments and carefully checking all of them.

I already answered many of you that the payments were received. Please be a little patient because there are so many mails to be send.

Before deliveries I will send info to all Proforma Invoice recipients about their payments and deliveries.

Regards, Andrej

I made the payment on May 3 (PayPal) and 4 days later it is still unclaimed. I will be leaving on vacation soon and I will appreciate if you could confirm.
Michael.

All payments are at the moment unclaimed since I upgraded PayPal account to business and still waiting to raise the limits. It is in procedure and will be solved in a few days. Money is there on PayPal, secure, so nothing to worry about, it is just I cannot lift it hehe ;)

Hi LC,

Do you have the part # of those caps and NTC? It would really be appreciated. Or maybe just put them in the BoM.

Thanks
Do

Hi pinnochio

Here are the Farnell links to the caps:

-1500 uF/200 V Panasonic EE:

EETEE2D152KJ - PANASONIC - CAPACITOR, SNAP-IN, 200V, 1500UF | Farnell Republika Slovenija

- 220 uF/50 V Panasonic FR:

EEUFR1H221 - PANASONIC - CAP, ALU ELECT, 220UF, 50V, CAN | Farnell Republika Slovenija

- 47 uF/63 V Panasonic FC:

EEUFC1J470 - PANASONIC - CAPACITOR, RADIAL, 63V, 47UF | Farnell Republika Slovenija

- original NTC was permanently shorted since its 4,7 Ohm resistance doesn't limit the inrush current at all

Hopefully it helps ;)