VituixCAD

I just started using this software, so I'm still very green. I must say that I love its ease of use. You have done excellent work, and very extensive.Thank you! I have not gone through all the posts in this thread yet, so forgive me if I raise a previously-mentioned issue:

I observed that networks loaded from the library (Block Library) cannot be optimised via the optimiser function. I loaded the network sections and used the wizard to set the values to roughly what I need (frequency and impedance). However, when using the optimiser, I discovered that some parameters of the individual components cannot be selected for optimisation. For instance, I could select the capacitor's esr, but not the capacitance. I was able to work around this by replacing those components individually (inductors and capacitors) using the buttons at the top of the schematics window. So, it seems that the components that form part of a library-sourced pre-configured network block somehow do not allow the user or optimiser to adjust their values.

I observed that networks loaded from the library (Block Library) cannot be optimised via the optimiser function.

Optimising of block attributes is not possible at the moment. Only option to access all components values is to Purge block via Tune block window. Button in bottom left corner. After purging it's just group of individual components which can be adjusted and optimized freely. But original (good) features of block is lost forever.

Some day I can try to enable optimising of block attributes. It's not done yet because performance expectations are not high. Calculation with block attributes includes also parsing formulas from text fields which is significantly slower than calculation directly with numerical values of components.

Optimizing with block attributes should be quite ready now. Performance looks good.
Projects saved with previous revision might need one more saving to show optimized blocks in XO schematic right after opening.

Rev. 2.0.47.2 (2020-04-05)

Main
* Parameters optimized with block attributes visualized with pale turquoise color in crossover schematic.
* Opt status of block attributes can be toggled by clicking column header in Tune block window.
* Fixed bug in Purge block command in Tune block window.

Optimizing with block attributes without purging the block has been feature lack since the beginning. Especially complex multi-component blocks with just few attributes are much faster and easier to tune with attributes, and transfer function and possibly also impedance stay in acceptable range. These good features apply also to automatic optimizing which probably produces more rational result when done with attributes instead of several individual components/parameters without mutual calculation rules and constraints.

I have had some threshold for starting this but it wasn't too bad. Just two days with multiple bugs in previous two revisions :)

Purpose of damping is usually something else than killing system or Helmholtz resonance, but that's almost only thing we would see with basic simulation with T/S parameters and absorption Q. More accurate models for damping with material and mass alone would be more complex than any of supported radiator types so feature would multiply complexity of the application without answer where and how damping should be located. That would be close to worthless imo.

Scan-Speak has Excel sheet for vented with complex damping model VENTED-FDD.0.96.US_EN.zip

There is acoustical equivalent circuit for simple vented. Convert that for all supported radiators; multi-volume and multi-ported band-pass systems etc. and calculate how many hundreds of hours... weeks was needed and what you got with simulated information that resonance was attenuated by 0.5 dB (while you can test and measure it within 10 minutes).