• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Versatile and comfortable passive pre-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If a minimum 3 other U.K. people were interested (for a total of 4 pots) I would be willing to put in a Mouser order for the part.

I reckon I would be able to supply them for around £10-£11 including U.K. postage and a padded envelope.

Just to confirm the volume pot is:

BOURNS PRM162-K415K-104A2

That's a 100k pot; don't we want the 10k one? Also, I think Rudi suggests the linear rather than the log - perhaps Rudi can confirm, thanks.

I'd be interested in joining a collective buy.

Cheers, Geoff

Seems like there is some interest. The part I have specified was taken from Rudi's documentation.

Not sure about the LCDs, has anyone got a URL to the product page on Mouser or does everyone want a different one?

If it is straightforward and the LCD and pot will fit into a Royal Mail small parcel ( Size (up to) Length: 45cm, Width: 35cm, Depth: 8cm) I will consider it.

I will place the order tomorrow evening for delivery sometime next week (hopefully). Payment will be by Paypal.

interested so far:

luylu
geoffcooper
voxxonline
Awh

Sorry for the thread hijack Rudi.

I will be making the Mouser order for the Bourns volume pots after work. Total cost will be £11.85 inc U.K. shipping.

I will not be offering to order LCDs as it seems just as cheap to get the one you want from the thousands listed on ebay.

I can add 2 of the G6D-1A-ASI-DC5 relays for the soft power on, if anyone needs them.

G6D-1A-ASI-DC5 Omron Electronics | Mouser

Below are the order details, anyone wishing to amend/cancel their order please use PM to avoid polluting the thread too much.

My paypal id is: creativeinertia@gmail.com

Please make sure your address details and email are correct.

Cheers,
Mat

Attachments

• pot1.png
    pot1.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 233
Rudi,

I am just about to put in a reichelt order, In the builders manual you say

I have talked to Uriah and asked him, if the values of the “safety resistors” R12, R18, R21 and
R22 (as how in the image above with a values of 100 Ohm each) are safe enough.
These resistors limit the current that is flowing through the LEDs of the LDRs to about 25mA
(I assume that Vf across the LED is about 2.5V– see datasheet). But this is “on the edge”.
Uriah and I therefore recommend using a higher value for these resistors: 168 Ohm. It is
too late to reflect this change on the PCB’s silkscreen and in the BoM!

The nearest value I can find on Reichelt is 169 Ohms - will this be O.K.?

Thanks, Mat

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.