• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Versatile and comfortable passive pre-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ivar, there are of course LCDs with bigger digits, but keep in mind: your transformer is only able to deliver 400mA @5VDC at most.
Big LCDs consume a lot of ccurent; so please have a look at the datasheet of your favourite LCD. It should not consume more than 50mA of current.

Nertia: I am using 150 Ohm resistors as safety resistors.

Simon: I am currently on holiday and will be home again next Saturday. Then I can tell you, if I have a complete set left.

Many regards from my rainy Holiday Island - Rudi

Ordered parts on Element14 today. Might take a few weeks for the parts to arrive though. Bit the bullet and soldered the SMD MIC5205 on the PCB. Glued it in place with a small dab on Selleys Shoe Glue first. This is a type of contact adhesive. Worked quite well and held it in place while soldering. Wicked off excess solder with solder wick and then gave area a light scrub with a toothbrush and mentholated spirits.

Attachments

• 12 Aug, 2013 3-29-01 PM.jpg
    12 Aug, 2013 3-29-01 PM.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 313
Apple remote porting?

I have to fork a topic already discussed: Apple remote. As jean-paul mentioned before, it is an artwork of ingeneering and fits perfectly to VCPre: sleek, functional, top of the art. It would need a new IR receiver (which is pin compatible and under 1USD at Reichelt) and a new piece of code handling the IR decoding. I am sure someone here has the skills to do that - Apple code is well documented and probably already implemented in PIC (similar to HiFiDUINO). Rudi, would you support Apple remote porting of the PIC code?

Last edited:
...This would be the first time I will ever buy something from apple... God, I didnt see THAT comming! :)

Throw away A prejudice ;-). If you would not know it comes from A you have to admit it is a neat piece of pure design & functionaliy in your hand... The "translator board" would be the emergency way but somehow against the philosophy of "sleek and tidy" which the Apple remote and VCPre have in common...I still keep on hoping in support in the code directly as the combo would be awesome...;-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.