• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Vacuum State RTP3C

2wice

I'm pretty sure that the revised phono stage will still match up to the line stage as given on the VS website since the basic concept is still the same.

Probably there are also slight changes in the line stage since the schematic given is from 2000. However they are nowhere published in the internet as far as I know although I assume the basic schematic will still be the same here as well like in the phono amp.

Don't know what your intention is, otherwise I would advise to contact Vacuumstate wrt
to questions on the latest version of the RTP3D.

airtangent

I am intrigued by the changes to the RIAA equalisation circuit in the newer circuit. In particular, I see that the "bass trim resistor" (660K in the latest version I had seen before that) in parallel with the double R-C network has gone. I wonder how that has affected the frequency response.

Alex

Alex,

I had the same question and Thomas from Vacuumstate told me that the new circuit is accurate enough even without the use of a bass end trim resistor. He also mentioned that already in the old circuit the 660k resistor normally could be omited as shown in the RTP3C schematic given on the Vacuumstate website.

airtangent

Last edited:
Alex,

I had the same question and Thomas from Vacuumstate told me that the new circuit is accurate enough even without the use of a bass end trim resistor. He also mentioned that already in the old circuit the 660k resistor normally could be omited as shown in the RTP3C schematic given on the Vacuumstate website.

airtangent

That's really useful to know - thanks. I'll have to try taking the resistors out!

Alex

RTP3 CD Rom for parts list and PCBs?

Hello everybody,

I am quite new to the forum and would appreciate any hints / feedback concerning the following issue:

I would like to start building the RTP3 , however I am trying to find a "start-jump" way to doing it, concretely, I am trying to find a parts list and the pcbs.

I emailed Vacuum State for the "CD Rom" Allen Wright mentioned here in the forum more than once but didn't ge any feedack.

I would be also interested to purchase the CD Rom from one of the forums memebers here, so any offers would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
AdrIan

Hello everybody,

I am quite new to the forum and would appreciate any hints / feedback concerning the following issue:

I would like to start building the RTP3 , however I am trying to find a "start-jump" way to doing it, concretely, I am trying to find a parts list and the pcbs.

I emailed Vacuum State for the "CD Rom" Allen Wright mentioned here in the forum more than once but didn't ge any feedack.

I would be also interested to purchase the CD Rom from one of the forums memebers here, so any offers would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
AdrIan

Hi Adrian.

Sorry, I can't help regarding the CD.

Just a point though regarding PCB's, (and I will stand corrected with this if I'm wrong) but I was under the impression that only the very early versions were on PCB. I believe subsequent production, and the preferred option, was point to point wiring.

I've PM'd you.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
AFAIK, the CD is only provided for those that bought kits from Vacuum State. As such to sell a copy would be copyright infringement.

Re Tom's PCB comment, the RTP kits use unetched PCB like material for mounting everything but are still P-P. The commercail FTP uses a PCB, Allen's comment was that they get 90% of the performance of P-P with 50% of the cost.

dave