V3 Universal Power Supply Circuit Board

Good day,

Building a project and looking to put together a power supply. Not sure how long it has been since these PCBs were available. Any idea when they might return to the diyAudio store? Thanks in advance for any info... Fully understand this is a volunteer effort and things get done when they get done.

Of course, any recommendations for another source for a similar product would be appreciated.

Mark

Capacitor section can be stacked one on top of the other. Connections for quick parallel stacking are provided via Snap-On connectors or direct soldering. This is under the description of the universal psb. My question is does this mean you can use multiple capacitor boards per rail for more capacity?

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
There where some photos in the Get some standoffs tall enough to clear the capacitors and mount the 2nd PCB above the 1st. You can use 1/4“ blades sticking up from the bottom boards and blades sticking down from the top board and make connections with 1/4” quick connects if you want it removable, or solder one board and blade one, whatever works.

The resistors are not required on the 2nd board.

What’s the application where 8 caps are not enough? The standard use is if you have a number of smaller value capacitors instead of ones of the suitable size.

Sorry 6l6 I’m finally getting around to your question. You asked me the application where I thought 8 capacitors would not be enough. The psb’s are for a pair of f5turbo v3’s shooting for 100w mono blocks 48v rails as of now I can only find 22,000uf 63v caps that will fit the boards. I would like more capacitance but maybe that’s enough

Good Day

The recommended rectifier diodes will not be in stock at Mouser or Digikey until June/July- maybe. Would the following be a suitable replacement? Digi-key Part number
VS-60CPU02-N3GI-ND.

Thank you

Thanks for listing the part number for a diode .
https://www.vishay.com/docs/94657/vs-60cpu02-n3.pdf

People should realize that the tracks on this board connect pins 1 and 3 of the diodes .

I had some HFA15PB60PbF diodes kicking around , in a TO-247AC case , where pin 1 ( cathode ) and pin 3 (anode )
however , the pin out for these diodes is not compatible with this board .
Unfortunately , as of Oct 2023 , the price of a VS-60CPU02-N3GI-ND is bit excessive .

Looking at the schematic for the PSU 3.0 power supply board , it shows the use of common cathode diodes ( pin 2 )
and the tracts on the board , connect the 2 anodes ( pins 1 and 3 ) .

Please , not getting into a heated debate about diodes , I searched for some pin for pin compatible diodes , with a TO - 247AC case
at a reasonable cost , and here are some considerations .

VS-60CPU06-N3 .... 2 x 30 Amp .... 600 v .... 1.1 Vdc .... 110 nC ..... $33.5 Cdn for 10

VS-60APH03-N3 .......... 60 Amp .... 300 v .... 0.85 Vdc ..... 65 nC ..... $54.80 Cdn for 10

VS-MUR3020WT .... 2 x 20 Amp .... 200 v .... 0.85 Vdc ..... 19 nC ..... $78.20 Cdn for 10

VS-60APH03-N3 is possibly a best value diode .
https://www.vishay.com/docs/94796/vs-60aph03-n3.pdf

Also , notice on the datasheet of the VS-60APH03-N3 it shows that the back of the case is NOT connected to the diodes .

Any other recommendations ?

Last edited: