US Naval pilots "We see UFO everyday for at least a couple of years"

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
How is that not clear.

It is not a question of belief or support for any alien ‘theories’ present. This is something I know that it happened from sources that I could absolutely trust. It was not something from this earth. It was alien. Where from, nobody has a clue.

It is interesting that the same year, similar objects were, for the first time, spotted all around the world, but nowhere from close distance.

So, I don’t have to ‘believe’, I have information that enables me to accept that some UFO sightings could be real, although 99.9999 % of today’s ‘information’ about this phenomenon is pure garbage influenced by popular media and desire to earn some money on public interest or hype. I would slap my face after looking at some modern ‘documentary’.
OK, you dont "believe", you know.

Is that the correct understanding?

//

Joined 2019
Paid Member
OK, you dont "believe", you know.

Is that the correct understanding?

//
Close enough.

Correct understanding is that I know for this single event that it happened. I don’t have to believe that something like that could happen on earth, I know it’s possible.

This doesn’t extend to granted support of all weird alien theories and various sighting reports or YT videos. Just knowledge that something of that could be real but almost certainly is not and that we can’t know.

Scientific approach above all if proof is required.

Simply delirious - that's the most probable I'm afraid.

//
Okay then, bearing in mind the thread title, let me ask the obvious question: why do we still not know or care that people - especially commercial airline pilots - are having these hallucinations?

Similar to hand-waiving as to the lack of clear images of UFOs in the year 2020: how have still not found a way to screen commercial airline pilots to ensure they do not jeopardize the safety of the passengers with these delusions?

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yes, it was grand and very unlikely event bit it did happen. I’m not supporting or peddling any aliens or UFO theories. I’m not a member of any forum or group supporting such various claims. I don’t care for them.

Post #1502 is a simple dry description of events told by my father and his stern teacher (BTW she didn’t care a f word for aliens or UFO’s). Where do you find “probabilities, specious claims, and whataboutism“ there?
It’s an uncorroborated account. I’m surprised that if it came back for a number of days, they did not get others to witness it or ask the authorities to investigate.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
It’s an uncorroborated account. I’m surprised that if it came back for a number of days, they did not get others to witness it or ask the authorities to investigate.
Nothing strange there. It was at the end of 1944. and happened in the small village 60 km north of Croatian capital Zagreb. Authorities were occupied with the war effort. That glowing balls were showing only at the evenings, when people stayed at home if possible. Surely, many saw strange lights in the fields but simply dismissed that, as it was war and you had more pressing concerns. It was the same with my father’s teacher that pulled those, as interesting event, many years after.

How do you mean ‘chock full of BS’?

All I accept of claims like this is that something happened. Without further corroboration, and an evidence based explanation, that's where it ends for me. I will never believe any claims of otherworldly or supernatural phenomena unless given reasonable evidence to do so. "I don't know" isn't a reasonable reason to believe or even consider such claims. This is Religious Apologetics 101 Fallacy Number One: "We don't know, therefore God."

I just stop at "We don't know." Everything else I file under BS. That is the agnostic perspective. The root word is "gnostic" which means relating to knowledge. "Agnostic" literally means "I don't know" which is what I say when I don't know. I don't need xombies and hobgoblins to fill the gaps.

Reactions: 1 user
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I am very interested in evolution, geology and the early Earth history, so discussing aliens in the context of this sort of thing, and knowing other potentially multicellular life supporting planets would have had a similar journey to ours up until say 500 million yrs ago is a good discussion. Because then we can let science inform the discussion, and not conjecture.

Reactions: 1 user

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Did they now? If they really did I suppose there was something. A bird? An aeroplane?

80 years old sh*t..... :) give it up... wait for the real stuff instead - be sure they are coming and when they do - there will be no argument about it.

They will be nice, reach out for a handshake and say... Hallo!

//