US Naval pilots "We see UFO everyday for at least a couple of years"

Joined 2019
Paid Member
For aircraft, form follows function.
Hmm.

Blue Origin.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Simply delirious - that's the most probable I'm afraid.

//

I'm reading this thread and it's making me slap my face. The whole obsession with "aliens" is exactly like religion to me; take the vaguest "evidence" possible and extrapolate it into the most absurd and far fetched claims imaginable.

I'll give aliens and UFOs the same consideration as religion and "God" claims: show me 100% unambiguous evidence of your claims or else I will summarily reject them. All your pie in the sky claims, hand waving, and foot stomping will not budge me. Science and only science is my criteria for believing anything.

It's your right to believe in a magical sky cop or little green men. But don't feel bad when rational people ridicule you. You're asking for it.

Reactions: 2 users

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
(y) Stellar example of how humans deal with questions that challenge their point of view. Ridicule, scorn and insults.

I’m sure that many witnesses have suffered worse than that, when decided to share their story.
You have absolutely truthful description of extraordinary events, but you can come only with explanation that my father and his teacher were delirious (or probably mentally ill?). Oh, you forgot even simpler explanation – I made up this story. Most satisfying answer indeed. One can continue his existence citing probability numbers and millions of years span required for intelligent life to emerge.

Oh well, this thread is not for any serious discussion, rather for fooling around. My bad. Realizing the error of my ways, my next post will be in the appropriate fashion. :)
Yes, it's a strategy to stay sane and dont loose contact with reality. Note however thy my post did not contain any "Ridicule, scorn and insults" - it was perhaps your feeling of being questioned?

Extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence. None presented.

Mixed with a healthy dose of Occam Razor led to the conclusion.

//

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Eddie, don’t be so fast with your conclusions. I believe in no God nor any aliens! Claiming so is preposterous.

I believe in Flying Spaghetti Monster. ;)
How do you make

"To my knowledge that is single unique direct observation of alien probes, Foo Fighters, made from very close distance and for several days. He was able to follow them by foot and observe...."

and

"I believe ..... nor any aliens!"

add up?

Preposterous?

//

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
In my whole life there was a place for science and science only and no place for mere beliefs. So, I understand that probabilities for intelligent life in the universe as we know it, are very low. All those valid science conclusions are becoming irrelevant in collision with real events.

Please, read post #1502 and point out any metaphysics and conjecture. What is your scientific explanation of described events?
  • Planet Venera.
  • Swamp gas.
  • Hollywood and YouTube influence on young mind (darn, it was 1944. and my father only had a battery powered tube radio in the house).
  • My father ate some poisonous berries or mushrooms and was hallucinating for days? His teacher as well? His father, who warned him not to mess with those strange lights in the fields, also?
What is your pick or do you have a better theory?
I’ve read it. I remain skeptical in the absence of any corroborating data. Sorry, but that’s the way science works.

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
(y) Stellar example of how humans deal with questions that challenge their point of view. Ridicule, scorn and insults.

I’m sure that many witnesses have suffered worse than that, when decided to share their story.
You have absolutely truthful description of extraordinary events, but you can come only with explanation that my father and his teacher were delirious (or probably mentally ill?). Oh, you forgot even simpler explanation – I made up this story. Most satisfying answer indeed. One can continue his existence citing probability numbers and millions of years span required for intelligent life to emerge.

Oh well, this thread is not for any serious discussion, rather for fooling around. My bad. Realizing the error of my ways, my next post will be in the appropriate fashion. :)
The fact that life takes billions of yrs to evolve shouldn’t surprise you. Or the fact that intelligent life is rare. Or that we can use math to calculate these things.

What do you want us to do? Say all this science, math and probability stuff is nonsense and just ‘believe’?

The standards for PROOF in science (and especially the STEM sciences) is extremely high.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
How do you make

"To my knowledge that is single unique direct observation of alien probes, Foo Fighters, made from very close distance and for several days. He was able to follow them by foot and observe...."

and

add up?

Preposterous?

//
How is that not clear.

It is not a question of belief or support for any alien ‘theories’ present. This is something I know that it happened from sources that I could absolutely trust. It was not something from this earth. It was alien. Where from, nobody has a clue.

It is interesting that the same year, similar objects were, for the first time, spotted all around the world, but nowhere from close distance.

So, I don’t have to ‘believe’, I have information that enables me to accept that some UFO sightings could be real, although 99.9999 % of today’s ‘information’ about this phenomenon is pure garbage influenced by popular media and desire to earn some money on public interest or hype. I would slap my face after looking at some modern ‘documentary’.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
I’ve read it. I remain skeptical in the absence of any corroborating data. Sorry, but that’s the way science works.
It’s perfectly fine that you are skeptical. I would be also. There could be no corroborating data in circumstances described. I repeat that I accept only scientific approach if proof is required.

I didn’t present this story as a ‘proof’ and this thread is for sure not scientific.

How do you make

and

add up?

Preposterous?

//

Claims aren't evidence.

Lots of people have "seen God" and they sincerely believe it. However, I don't believe their anecdotal evidence for such a grand and frankly unlikely claim. Furthermore, I don't claim with 100% certainty that people are wrong about their "god" (or aliens) claim. I just don't buy it.

Your arguments (probabilities, specious claims, and whataboutism) are 100% the same arguments that religious apologists use to peddle their religions. These arguments only annoy me and do nothing to convice me. So I put them where they belong - in the rubbish.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Claims aren't evidence.

Lots of people have "seen God" and they sincerely believe it. However, I don't believe their anecdotal evidence for such a grand and frankly unlikely claim. Furthermore, I don't claim with 100% certainty that people are wrong about their "god" (or aliens) claim. I just don't buy it.

Your arguments (probabilities, specious claims, and whataboutism) are 100% the same arguments that religious apologists use to peddle their religions. These arguments only annoy me and do nothing to convice me. So I put them where they belong - in the rubbish.
Yes, it was grand and very unlikely event bit it did happen. I’m not supporting or peddling any aliens or UFO theories. I’m not a member of any forum or group supporting such various claims. I don’t care for them.

Post #1502 is a simple dry description of events told by my father and his stern teacher (BTW she didn’t care a f word for aliens or UFO’s). Where do you find “probabilities, specious claims, and whataboutism“ there?