US Naval pilots "We see UFO everyday for at least a couple of years"

I’ll assume that it’s only a lack of reading comprehension which causes you to overlook the words, “general public” in my post you reference.

I’m still laughing at this. You proposed that a super advanced alien race, with capabilities far exceeding what we even understand to be possible, have visited the earth and in order to introduce themselves have decided to avoid the general public, avoid contacting anybody, avoid our leadership, avoid sending any messages, but instead they thought that the best way to introduce themselves to our species, to our planet, is to buzz our military jets. If you aren’t laughing at this yourself then I have no more to add!

Dark matter and energy withstanding, our knowledge of physics is well advanced to understand how particles travel through the universe. A particle travelling at the speed of light is much different to that of a spacecraft attempting the same feat. The energy required makes it basically impossible. Additionally how do you stop the spacecraft at such a speed and what happens if you collide with a rock the size of a marble. "Collision with an object as tiny as 10⁻¹⁴ grams would have an impact energy close to 10,000 megajoules"

Article - near-light-speed-travel-increasingly-impossible-according-maths

If it were possible to travel at 100 times the speed of light it would still take 1000 years to transverse the Milky Way.

This is what one would call being hung up. Let`s see, let`s just make some words up as we go shall we: instead of approaching C to get from a to b, lets just, I don`t know, do something with a wormhole, or some other shortcut or rule bending that we probably haven`t got to know, theoreticized in our infancy in space exploration.

God knows we already know all things man could possibly know.
It`s all here in my book.
From this it follows, logically, that crossing the universe can`t be done!

Before flight they said one couldn`t fly because one would need to be lighter than the air, even though they saw birds doing it.
People can have strong believes, but deduction on the basis of a limited believe system is often doomed to fail and be replaced by a less limited one. As science does.

Instead of stating things can`t be done because we know things, I could make a hard case stating we actually know just a bit more than nothing. We observe and extrapolate rules, yet know nothing about the inner workings of the machine, wouldn`t you agree?

From a mature alien intelligence point of view. We've just part of the swirling biosphere on third rock from the sun. There's probably not much more they'd want to communicate to us than to the forms of life we share the planet with which we consider to be simple or primitive. We're just slightly more complicated in some ways.

I’m still laughing at this. You proposed that a super advanced alien race, with capabilities far exceeding what we even understand to be possible, have visited the earth and in order to introduce themselves have decided to avoid the general public, avoid contacting anybody, avoid our leadership, avoid sending any messages, but instead they thought that the best way to introduce themselves to our species, to our planet, is to buzz our military jets. If you aren’t laughing at this yourself then I have no more to add!

It's truly amazing - you don't see what is written down, yet you do see what is not written down. Quite odd. Anyhow, anyone with a functioning brainstem recognizes, from the many decades of UFO reports, that IF aliens are visiting this planet (which, I have not stated a conclusion about, one way or the other), some elements within the government are, and long have been, aware of it. There is absolutely no way that anyone who hasn't been in a comma for the last 74 years, could not be aware that our government has had engagement of some sort with the UFO phenomena since at least Roswell. On the other hand, you have no basis to assume that some elements within the gov't have not received UFO communication. There can be no question, that the government either already knows exactly what's going on, or is working like hell to find out! To think otherwise, given the Naval officer eyewitness reports, and UFO films, would be irrational.

With the logical conclusion that some in the gov't are already aware of the reality of UFO vehicles (not necessarily, aliens) at the least, only the general population remains blissfully unaware or in denial. As you, yourself, well demonstrate. I suppose that laughter has always been one defense mechanism of the unprepared mind to that which is does not understand, or accept. However, the general ignorance and denial of the presence of the vehicles (whomever or whatever in controlling them) is more rapidly changing. I wonder what 'random' events are causing that to happen?

There is absolutely no way that anyone who hasn't been in a comma for the last 74 years, could not be aware that our government has had engagement of some sort with the UFO phenomena since at least Roswell.

There was a NOVA or some other program that did a very good job of debunking Roswell. The UFO stories were a great cover to help in keeping the real work secret (long range detection of Soviet A bomb tests).

There was a NOVA or some other program that did a very good job of debunking Roswell. The UFO stories were a great cover to help in keeping the real work secret (long range detection of Soviet A bomb tests).

Possibly. However, how inexplicably bizarre it would be to attempt an cover up of Russian A-bomb detection tests (from New Mexico?) by telling the press you have recovered, wait for it, a crashed FLYING SAUCER? That news was thought to divert attention away from activities at the base? Really?
You are a rational person, Scott. Does any of that make logical sense as an attempted diversion, to you?

I should add that what's doubly mysterious is that, if they DID retrieve a flying saucer, why would they announce that either? Roswell is wierd, all the way around.

Last edited:
I just wonder how you state this with such certainty, as a member of a civilization which did not start flying until little more than 100 years ago.

Well for a start we have E=MC² and we also have the "Standard Model" of physics, something the Large Hadron Collider is attempting to validate.
If these physical laws and properties are uncertain then how do we perform science.

I expect the interstellar medium within our Galaxy would be dense enough to cause any spacecraft travelling at c to glow with the friction from free hydrogen atoms and any subatomic particles floating around.

IIRC there are about 10-100 free hydrogen atoms per cubic metre in interstellar space in our Galaxy and between Galaxies it drops 1 -2 orders of magnitude below this.

(Maybe you can solve it with a very strong magnetic field that deflects ionized particles - don't know what you'd do with the non-ionized stuff though)
Yes its going to glow alright,

"Yurtsever and Wilkinson describe how CMB photons will appear, from the perspective of the spacecraft travelling close to the speed of light (known as its "rest frame"), as highly energetic gamma rays that have a range of effects. If those photons interact with the material of the spacecraft hull, the effects will range from ionisation to "Compton scattering" – the scattering of high energy photons from a charged particle at rest, which in this case means further gamma rays, creating electron-positron pairs. Each time one of these pairs is formed, it creates a massive amount of energy - as much as 1.6 x 10-13 joules per pair. This doesn’t seem like a lot, but a spacecraft can collide with trillions of CMB photons per second. Assuming an effective cross-sectional area of, say 100 square metres, the effect is about 2 million joules per second across the face of the ship. That's roughly equivalent to the energy released when half a kilo of TNT explodes, every second. "

"There's an interesting side effect to all this, though any relativistic spacecraft like this will bounce into so much of the CMB, it'll scatter it in a way that produces a unique light signature."

Well for a start we have E=MC² and we also have the "Standard Model" of physics, something the Large Hadron Collider is attempting to validate.
If these physical laws and properties are uncertain then how do we perform science.

This is besides the point and not correct.
The LHC is to prove a mathematical, theoretical framework, saying it exists to prove things like interstellar flight can't be done is nonsense and unscientific. So is E=MC2.

This is what one would call being hung up. Let`s see, let`s just make some words up as we go shall we: instead of approaching C to get from a to b, lets just, I don`t know, do something with a wormhole, or some other shortcut or rule bending that we probably haven`t got to know, theoreticized in our infancy in space exploration.

No-one is making words up, its all based upon the principal laws of physics. Wormholes for example may exist as theory and -

"While wormholes are possible according to Einstein's theory of general relativity, such exotic voyages will likely remain in the realm of science fiction, said renowned astrophysicist Kip Thorne of the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena"

"The jury is not in, so we just don't know," Thorne, one of the world's leading authorities on relativity, black holes and wormholes, told Space.com. "But there are very strong indications that wormholes that a human could travel through are forbidden by the laws of physics. That's sad, that's unfortunate, but that's the direction in which things are pointing."

The major barrier has to do with a wormhole's instability, he said.

Exactly:

"The jury is not in, so we just don't know,"

Being the main part of it, iow: nothing is sure yet, so don't get hung up on possible impossibilities, nor state it's all figured out and proven fact interstellar flight can't be done.
I absolutely agree it's not very likely or easy, but presenting it as a fact is another, personal choice and very well be the reason not to achieve the feat.
Self limitation is a b#itch.

Exactly:
Being the main part of it, iow: nothing is sure yet, so don't get hung up on possible impossibilities, nor state it's all figured out and proven fact interstellar flight can't be done.
I absolutely agree it's not very likely or easy, but presenting it as a fact is another, personal choice and very well be the reason not to achieve the feat.
Self limitation is a b#itch.

BTW I don't appreciate you twisting my words, I haven't misrepresented anything so maybe you should embrace science books rather than the science fiction books you've been reading, then we'll know who is self limiting.

Before flight they said one couldn`t fly because one would need to be lighter than the air, even though they saw birds doing it.

When was that time?

Because Otto Lillienthal worked on heavier than air flight quite successfully as did Leonardo da Vinci (his design has been built using materials available to him but it was found to produce too much lift to be stable) and then more legendary there were Daedalus & Son.