US Naval pilots "We see UFO everyday for at least a couple of years"

How do we in our virtual intellectual infancy know that superluminal travel is not possible? We still don't know what dark matter and energy is amongst a host of other things.

Dark matter and energy withstanding, our knowledge of physics is well advanced to understand how particles travel through the universe. A particle travelling at the speed of light is much different to that of a spacecraft attempting the same feat. The energy required makes it basically impossible. Additionally how do you stop the spacecraft at such a speed and what happens if you collide with a rock the size of a marble. "Collision with an object as tiny as 10⁻¹⁴ grams would have an impact energy close to 10,000 megajoules"

Article - near-light-speed-travel-increasingly-impossible-according-maths

If it were possible to travel at 100 times the speed of light it would still take 1000 years to transverse the Milky Way.

Dark matter and energy withstanding, our knowledge of physics is well advanced to understand how particles travel through the universe. A particle travelling at the speed of light is much different to that of a spacecraft attempting the same feat. The energy required makes it basically impossible. Additionally how do you stop the spacecraft at such a speed and what happens if you collide with a rock the size of a marble. "Collision with an object as tiny as 10⁻¹⁴ grams would have an impact energy close to 10,000 megajoules"

If it were possible to travel at 100 times the speed of light it would still take 1000 years to transverse the Milky Way.
"Our knowledge of physics is well advanced",according to our perspective.There is a lot we still don't know,gravity for one.

Jacque Valle has done a good job of revealing that these "unknowns" have been with us throughout history. I have always found it curious that our institutions of learning leave certain subjects out in the forbidden zone just like the old cartographers marked the unknown with images of monsters. Ask any sociology professor to study the phenomenon and he/she will tell you it's a sure path to be denied tenure. Poor John Mack lost his career over taking the experiences of UFO witnesses as something worth looking into. The media treatment of this is far less than a journalistic search for truth. The whole scene reveals the edges of the reality boxes we are in whether we like it or not. Not every witness is a hoaxer. Personally I've had three separate "sightings" one alone and two with others present. None of us felt like rushing to tell the press. None of us really knows what created these "things" and all of us know they don't fit the normal consensus reality. People seem to jump to conclusions and then when the conclusion is debunked think that they have resolved the phenomenon. They haven't.

Just about everyone on the planet now has a high resolution camera on their person. And they can, using social media, basically tell the whole world within minutes of sighting something spectacular.

And yet, we still get fuzzy photos, wild stories, outrageous claims. I used to believe that the Galaxy must be crawling with advanced civilizations.

Maybe I’m blind and too cynical (it comes with age). I dunno. I’m just not convinced anymore.

I suspect that this is for much the opposite reason of why the military regularly sees UFOs. Because they wish to only occasionally be seen by the general public, but never clearly, for now. That's what I would do, if I wished to introduce myself to an unaware and less advanced civilization without causing panic.

I just wonder how you state this with such certainty, as a member of a civilization which did not start flying until little more than 100 years ago.

Last edited:
I suspect that this is for much the opposite reason of why the military regularly sees UFOs. Because they wish to only occasionally be seen by the general public, but never clearly, for now. That's what I would do, if I wished to introduce myself to an unaware and less advanced civilization without causing panic.

LOL, you think an advanced alien civilization would choose to have their space craft buzz a few military planes as the best option to introduce themselves without causing panic :rofl:

Some years ago I googled crop circles.
The results split pretty much down the middle between those who say that they are either messages from aliens or their landing sites and the other half explained how to make them quickly and easily overnight based on very simple mathematical functions.

I went with the latter as being more convincing. Not least because some suggested that it is a good idea to get permission from the farmer beforehand as they can then charge believers in the former a fee to visit them which was easily worth more than the crop destroyed.

One other exacerbating factor tilts my view heavily toward the latter -look where magnificent 'crop circles' were so often exhibited in Wilts/Zummerzet, UK.

Coincident with Cider ..oh yes.

(that's what our US contributors here would call 'hard cider' ...
Only the local stuff (hic) glows in the dark, and sometimes rustic enough to still have twigs in it*. ABV% ... is usu way above nominal, shall we say.

I once met a 'craft' (= 'shed in the middle-of-nowhere, you didn't-buy-this-from-me') zidermaker once who sold two strengths 'doublevision' - that was wild enough - and also, occasionally 'multivision'.

The latter was same recipe - but into it went any magic mushrooms he'd harvested meanwhile %}

tl;dr: Occam's Razor: belief in alien visitation is unwarranted complication if you ...have access to cider.

* the twigs are my joke. the rest-quite real enough.

Last edited:
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Jacque Valle has done a good job of revealing that these "unknowns" have been with us throughout history. I have always found it curious that our institutions of learning leave certain subjects out in the forbidden zone just like the old cartographers marked the unknown with images of monsters. Ask any sociology professor to study the phenomenon and he/she will tell you it's a sure path to be denied tenure. Poor John Mack lost his career over taking the experiences of UFO witnesses as something worth looking into. The media treatment of this is far less than a journalistic search for truth. The whole scene reveals the edges of the reality boxes we are in whether we like it or not. Not every witness is a hoaxer. Personally I've had three separate "sightings" one alone and two with others present. None of us felt like rushing to tell the press. None of us really knows what created these "things" and all of us know they don't fit the normal consensus reality. People seem to jump to conclusions and then when the conclusion is debunked think that they have resolved the phenomenon. They haven't.

It may be there is a valid case. Unfortunately the subject has attracted every crackpot under the sun with the wildest theories imaginable. No wonder academia runs a mile. Anyone remember Erich von Daniken ?

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member

I expect the interstellar medium within our Galaxy would be dense enough to cause any spacecraft travelling at c to glow with the friction from free hydrogen atoms and any subatomic particles floating around.

IIRC there are about 10-100 free hydrogen atoms per cubic metre in interstellar space in our Galaxy and between Galaxies it drops 1 -2 orders of magnitude below this.

(Maybe you can solve it with a very strong magnetic field that deflects ionized particles - don't know what you'd do with the non-ionized stuff though)

Last edited: