Universal PCB for Purifi 1ET400A amps

@Koifarm
1656210819989.png

what's the use of the holes at XLR jack part aside from 1,2 and 3 pins?

Edit : never mind just realised this is for the nc6j fah with TRS

Last edited:
I have no schematic for a linear supply for this preamp. I think smps is the best option( no humm ).

But you can simple build the HV supply with 200V/min 120ma transformer, rectifier, elco,lr8n/tip50 combo to get 265V/ 60ma.
And for the heater supply a 8V/5a transformer,rectifier,elco,lm338 combo to get 6.3V/ 3.5A.

Just look on the WWW.

Reactions: 1 user
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I have no schematic for a linear supply for this preamp. I think smps is the best option( no humm ).

But you can simple build the HV supply with 200V/min 120ma transformer, rectifier, elco,lr8n/tip50 combo to get 265V/ 60ma.
And for the heater supply a 8V/5a transformer,rectifier,elco,lm338 combo to get 6.3V/ 3.5A.

Just look on the WWW.
Some Schottky diodes, a large buffer cap, a LT1084/LD1084 and a 7V transformer will result in less energy lost in heat. With 3.5A just 1V difference is 3.5W less heat....

Builders will ask the same questions as DIYing a "simple" PSU from scratch really is a bridge too far for many and many will also not want SMPS for such a low power application. Some like PCB's/modular sections to be of similar appearance as a "set" too. As this is about ready made click and play modules combined with a now incomplete DIY frontend it would be nice to have a complete design for successful builds.

Last edited:
As stated a few replies before i use a smps for the tubebuffer. Easier for DIY is almost not possible.
Another bennefit from the smps for DIY designs is, less chance of humm.

Attachments

• 84E834DC-2368-48C8-A2E0-C28D0FA65400.jpeg
    84E834DC-2368-48C8-A2E0-C28D0FA65400.jpeg
    328.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Witch DSP can adjust slew rate? And adjust harmonics? And do not ad digital artifacts? I have a lot of standalone DSP's from DBX, Behringer and PC plugins for cubase, But i like the complete analoge path the best. Just recordplayer, phono preamp, passive volume control and tubeamp. For daily use i accept listen to streamer, dsp, passive volume control, classd amp.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Witch DSP can adjust slew rate? And adjust harmonics? And do not ad digital artifacts? I have a lot of standalone DSP's from DBX, Behringer and PC plugins for cubase, But i like the complete analoge path the best. Just recordplayer, phono preamp, passive volume control and tubeamp. For daily use i accept listen to streamer, dsp, passive volume control, classd amp.

Plenty of dsp plug-ins to add that tube distortion. Why worry about digital artifacts when you are already using a colored amp?