Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

PC270006.jpg
I thought it was mounted in plexiglass at first. :D seems like it would cancel itself out quite early.....

Last edited:
Walnutter

Neo 8,above Neo 10, open frame with side wings for the Neo 10, above 2 Dayton Audio RSS 265 HF-4s in a U Frame.

Prototype, will be adding cherry veneer and front 1/4" X 2" cherry strips at borders, now that I know this gives me the bass I was hoping for.

In open baffle, 3" deep wings are enough for the Neo 10s to meet a 375 hertz handoff to the woofers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 1,804
Copycat

I really liked voice through the Alpair 12P; and it bugs my sense of cheapness to not use what's already owned.
Plus, I wanted to go to an easier highpass point for the Neo 10's.
Still tweaking a passively first order split midrange, the 12P/Neo 10.
All drivers but the subwoofers are now high passed at least a multiple of ten times above their lower limits, and the result is far better than hoped.
Not really more detail, just a more natural presentation, pleasantly laid back.
Thanks for the split midrange in an actively crossed three way system, Mr. Linkwitz!
No idea how to make this look nice for the girlfriend acceptance factor, though .
Going to veneer the outside of the U Frames with cherry,
I'm thinking cherry 1x6 sides, with a grill cloth covering the driver disarray .
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 1,653
Can you please start a new thread for this build? I am very interested.
I am planning sth very similar with Neo8S, Vintage Seas 8" mid, and 15" GPA/Altec 416-8B.

Thank you.
Started one titled Bohlender Graebener plus Markaudio.
I still have two pair of the Seas Tv21's, they're a dynamite vintage speaker, I really enjoy them with some old Peerless Alnico 16 ohm paper tweeters.
Troels Gravenson did some cool builds with the old Seas.

My latest. Wall-mounted 3 way OB using the Seas Excel C18en001 coaxial and (currently) a Dayton RS225. They are designed to cross to subs below 90Hz.

I'm using a passive xover for the coax and active for the bass.

Nice job! How'd you cut the Optix? Or Lexan? Holes so cleanly?
I tried routering mine, and got a hot mess, then wound up with jagged jigsaw speaker holes.
Fine from the front, embarrassing from the back