Ultimate Open Baffle Gallery

unkwown driver

These drivers are C 1230 ACR see thread Stereophonic Sound Of a Single Loudspeaker post 314
Link is on post 1486 of this thread
Enjoy
Ronny

Attachments

• _RAT7968.jpg
    _RAT7968.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 2,195
Another Desktop OB

I recently completed a pair of small open baffle speakers for my desk at the office. The baffles are 7" wide with 3.5" wings on either side and are 10.75" tall. Drivers are MarkAudio Alpair 7p. Added a little baffle step compensation between my music source and amp to bring the mids and highs down, which made it easier to EQ the bass to a matching level. Bass is now adequate at the 1-2 foot listening distance. Still a work in progress to get the frequency response nice and flat, but I am getting closer...

Attachments

• a7pob.jpg
    a7pob.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,925
if I remember well tube amp rise the qes for about 30% qts,the resistor trick is for ss amp

really nice minimalist system please tell more about the sound !
you can simulate con xlbaffle

I have been working on trying to get a balanced full-range sound for about a week now and am closer... The system is as follows: Fiio X3 portable music player loaded with high resolution FLAC (also provides some equalization of bass frequencies) into a baffle step compensation network (currently ~12dB cut centered at 200Hz, I believe, which is quite low but offers the best sound so far) which then feeds into my 6C45 spud amplifier.

They sound quite nice. With my equalization choices, the bass is present although still a little weak. The OBs sound best on simple music like jazz, in which case the bass line can be heard more clearly. Imaging is fantastic on good recordings - the speakers really do 'disappear' when playing. Overall, they make quite nice desk speakers for my office.

My filter who is more coherent with even frequency response. I made a little midbass bump because i like it :)

Lowther PM6A:
12 dB high pass: 33uF serie - 1,8 mH parallell
Serie notch: 3,3 uF / 0,1 mH / 27 ohm

Tone Tubby:
12 dB low pass: 5,6 mH serie - 100 uF paralell

wsVzM4L.jpg

wx24tXe.jpg

With and without notch. It is absolutely neccesary.

DvW9EMs.jpg

I am going to try your filter net work.
I have been using my TAOB with John's XO for a couple years now, but have been wanting to try with notch.
Thanks for sharing.:)

Big Green Open Baffle ; 2x 15 & Lowther DX3.
These were old doors !!
Passieve x-over 12/6. I call this a ZEN x-over. Based on the sine-cap x-over by Sonus Faber Extrema (old one).
This was a wednesday afternoon project ; had the units in the house.
The x-over took longer!!
2 day ago we tested the AER MK1 in this setup. Some minimal adjustments to the x-over (listenable after an hour or so).

leon

Attachments

• DSC_0070.jpg
    DSC_0070.jpg
    578.5 KB · Views: 595
  • DSC_0080.jpg
    DSC_0080.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 594