Ultimate 4U 500mm Chassis - Who is interested?

Base Plate Option

• Standard Aluminium 3mm or 4mm

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Aluminium + Custom Perforated Steel Base Plate 470mm to 480mm

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want more pictures.

Hahahaha

There you go - more pictures. I kinda cheated on the LEDs and just glued them in quick and dirty. Also I left my flat in a mess - but it´s done :D

As I have lot´s of Maggi here in Germany which is kinda liquid Vegemite, I am in no need of Vegemite. But maybe Papa is in need of more since ZM has eaten his supply.

My next quest is building the front ends with Toshiba parts and see if I can get the same distortion figures as Papa did. In the meantime I will enjoy them until fully burned in before tinkering with distortion profiles.

It was great fun, a steap learning curve and a very rewarding experience. I am grateful for everything I found on this forum. :worship:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    549.7 KB · Views: 249
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    549.4 KB · Views: 242
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    429.7 KB · Views: 236
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    324.5 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Joined 2019
Paid Member
That's full beast mode. Congratulations!!!!

If anyone was wondering if we could use up all that chassis real-estate, we now know. :)

Do you mind sharing your C-L-C-R-C configuration (I assume that's what I'm seeing) along with the source for those cool covers for the inductors? Man those Toroidys are pretty.

Got my shipping notification that I should have mine tomorrow. Crossing my fingers.

I'm feeling bad, just looking at these wires going through holes in base plate .........

Yeah me too. That´s why I drilled bigger holes, put heat shrink around and glued them in. Next time I shall use something professional.

Attachments

• hellermanntyton-hv1301-pvc-bk-m1-kabeldurchfuehrung-klemm-max-8-mm-plattenstaerke-max-1-mm-pvc-s.jpg
    hellermanntyton-hv1301-pvc-bk-m1-kabeldurchfuehrung-klemm-max-8-mm-plattenstaerke-max-1-mm-pvc-s.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 265
That's full beast mode. Congratulations!!!!

If anyone was wondering if we could use up all that chassis real-estate, we now know. :)

Do you mind sharing your C-L-C-R-C configuration (I assume that's what I'm seeing) along with the source for those cool covers for the inductors? Man those Toroidys are pretty.

Got my shipping notification that I should have mine tomorrow. Crossing my fingers.

Many thanks :D Of course I can share this:

82mF
Blocked

10mH (Ri = 0R1)
Blocked

and the PSU from the shop stuffed with 27mF and 0R47.

Blocked

CPF3R47000JNB14 Vishay / Dale | Mouser Deutschland

With the 2x18 Volts tranny resulted in 25 Volts unloaded and 22.5 V fully loaded with 2.5 mV ripple. I didn´t expect it to sag that much. If I knew that there is quite some difference in distortion profile going from 24 to 22 Volts on the front-end I might have chosen a 19 Volts tranny - but in balanced mode it doesn´t matter - so :cool:

forgot the covers:

110*100*115mm schwarz Eisen Triode Transformer Schutz Hulle Gehause Case hifix 1 | eBay

this supplier also has some other interesting stuff like speaker cables, that GR-research uses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfjQJxeTANE&t=248s

Last edited: