UGS Power : it's U.P.

"Les ajustables de 100Ω sont à régler de manière à obtenir la résistance maximale lorsqu’ils sont soudés.

Flench is a bit tricky to translate because words are often written together.
For example, "lorsqu'ils" are actually three words : lors que ils.
(Lors means "at the time", Lors Que got hooked together in time to Lorsque and means "when", same same )

First line says you set the 100R pots to maximum before you solder them in.

Last edited:
One rather important question? Does all this transistors have to be on main heat sink? Or they can be on separate one i mean (q5,q7,q6,q8), and especially (Q13,q14)

If they share the same HS they will share the same temperature. This way, bathing in some kind of temperature equilibrium, all critters will be happy to work together for your musical pleasure and will thank you because they ll feel like in nirvana.
Le cheff's setup suggest to do this way, why changing a winning team ?...:cool:

"Les ajustables de 100Ω sont à régler de manière à obtenir la résistance
maximale lorsqu’ils sont soudés.vitera sûrement de la fumée "

translates to

"The adjustable 100Ω should be paid to obtain the resistance maximum when they are welded.
:rofl:

"Régler" means most of the time : regulate, adjust, set ... which is obvious in this context.
Just sometimes it means "pay". Like getting out of your debt, for instance ...
Ah, those Google robot ...:D

Manu

If they share the same HS they will share the same temperature. This way, bathing in some kind of temperature equilibrium, all critters will be happy to work together for your musical pleasure and will thank you because they ll feel like in nirvana.
Le cheff's setup suggest to do this way, why changing a winning team ?...:cool:

Because I do not have the original PCB, nor the similar heat sinks (in height). So I am asking people ho know much more for advice. Especially for transistors Q13 and Q14. (Bias stability, thermal drift)

Because I do not have the original PCB, nor the similar heat sinks (in height). So I am asking people ho know much more for advice. Especially for transistors Q13 and Q14. (Bias stability, thermal drift)

Aye, aye, Captain ;)

The HS dedicated to all the 2SA & 2SCs Q4 to Q14 don't have to dissipate a lot of heat but should be thermally coupled with the one supporting the MOSFETs for Bias & Offset stability.

Hope it helps

Manu

Hello,
For those who might be interrested I started an UP PCB group buy initiative on the french forum (homecinema-fr.com).

[Recensement] CG PCB kit UP - Achats Groupés

currently there are 4 people interested in getting the PCBs (for a total of 5 sets of PCBs) .
we need a minimum of 10 sets to be ordered (in this case the price without shipping cost from my premises should be around 88€ for a set and it will drop further down if we order more).
let me know if you are interrested and I will update the first post in english to ease the communication process so you can then add your name to the list of potential buyers

Franck

Question about driving output mosfets.

I am building some of these amps and I had a question about the design. How was the current through Q7 and Q9 determined in order to drive the six output mosfets? (See the attached pic) Just wanting to find out if I can get away with less current in order to use cheaper and easier to find transistors for Q7 and Q9.

Attachments

• UP_current.JPG
    UP_current.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 670
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
clever

building 10K worth amp , and skimpimg few greenies for proper semis

you can decrease current through with that stage - with current setting resistors in current mirrors .

There is aprox 25mA through that stage, determined by the ratio of the emitter resistors of the current mirror Q11 Re/Q9 Re X ~ 4mA

sorry - I didn't want to sound harsh ....

in any case - proper question will be - which transistors - easier to find - are good as replacement ........

I'll skip answer to that question , because I didn't tried replacements ; maybe 2SA1837 & 2SC4793