UGS-muse preamp GB

I progressed on the software updates today.

After the trigger upgrade to support lathed output we have now the possibility to select which input is bypassed while the preamp is off to allow preamp bypass for installation in a home theater system.
So we can decide individually which inputs are bypassed while the preamp is on but also which one is activated as bypass when the preamp is off.

Then I found a VFD in my parts stock and I plan to mount it and verify all the UI, things I never done with the VFD to find little display bugs here and there.

Last thing is to integrate the dual encoder control, probably next week end.

I did as well a lot of good upgrades on my DAC control software that I should include as well in the preamp.

After the trigger upgrade to support lathed output we have now the possibility to select which input is bypassed while the preamp is off to allow preamp bypass for installation in a home theater system.
So we can decide individually which inputs are bypassed while the preamp is on but also which one is activated as bypass when the preamp is off.

Then I found a VFD in my parts stock and I plan to mount it and verify all the UI, things I never done with the VFD to find little display bugs here and there.

I did as well a lot of good upgrades on my DAC control software that I should include as well in the preamp.

great news alex and thank you for your support.
will there be hardware changes on the control pcb?

thx

That's great!

Thanks Alex!

Oops, indeed my mistake. I picked up and inserted the wrong schematic when I created the overall documentation for this board.
Here is already the schematic that matches the PCB that you have received.

The full spec will be revised later on (tonight hopefully if I managed to recreate my usual working setup as my main PC died a week ago).

Done. Here it is.

Attachments

• UGS Muse main power supply V2 rev1.0a.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
just out of curiosity... who has already started ?
i have placed the order at mouser. waiting for the package.

4 UGS modules (2 gain stage + 2 buffer) are already made (i was already using them on my "el cheap-o" pre amp).

BTW, if someone is interested, i have made a fancy heat-sink-coupling-mass for the ugs gain stages. just be aware that suits only the sk389/sj109 combo.

if someone is interested, we can arrange some groupbuy also for them.
I have a cnc at work (where i have done mine...) and i can replicate them at price of cost (+some margin for the consumables).
don't mind the ugly washer's / screw combo, i haven't got the right bolt length, and i have improvised.

Surely can be anozied in whatever color you like.

The triple slot per each side is done in order to take into account the slight differences in the component body width and guarantee the best possibile adhesion.

just let me know.

Attachments

• 20201019_192920 (Medium).jpg
    20201019_192920 (Medium).jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 329
  • 20201019_192930 (Medium).jpg
    20201019_192930 (Medium).jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 337
  • 20201019_192942 (Medium).jpg
    20201019_192942 (Medium).jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 327
in the meanwhile...

can someone make some light around this input matching network ?
how it supposed to be tuned ?

i will use both M1 as gain stage and M2 as buffer.
what is the best input resistance that ugs gain stage is supposed to see ?

my instint says that i will tune that for maxmim Zin... but maybe i am missing something.

thanks

Attachments

• Zin_match.PNG
    Zin_match.PNG
    9.8 KB · Views: 242
Hi Gionag,

I’m sure Eric and Alex can give more details on the input impedance matching than I can.
In the meantime, the way I adjusted it in my implementation is described here: <<UGS - Muse edition - Page 25>> - 30058092 - sur le forum <<Amplis et Preamplis>> - 1056 - du site Homecinema-fr.com

Basically, without any module and without power, adjust the trimmer for each leg of the circuit in order to get the same measured resistance between AGND and the corresponding test point. I remember setting mine to 12K, but not sure if another value would be more optimal.

Hope it helps

I got my transformer today. The waiting time was not so long as Toroidy quoted initially. Working nice. With 28vac secondaries I manage to get 37v at the input of the shunt regulators. I think I will go for 30v after the shunt regulators.

Attachments

• 31BD5213-50D1-459D-A390-C4B47DBAA926.jpg
    31BD5213-50D1-459D-A390-C4B47DBAA926.jpg
    866 KB · Views: 216