UGS-muse preamp GB

Thanks guys. The reason I asked is, it seems there is a lot of discussion in the thread about these devices being used as substitutes, yet I've scoured the docs and was unable to find a picture showing the correct orientation using this new board.

BTW, are there other dual JFETs available today to use as replacements for the Toshibas - without being very pricey NOS? I understand the duals are 'unobtanium'. I thought the board was specifically designed for these 3-pin devices, as well as, the 7-pin duals? Seems many other members are using them as well.

The 2SJ109BL/2SK389BL package will work better with the heatsink design (which also encapsulates the Zetex BJTs) as the package is flatter than the TO92 package of the singles. That said, I wouldn't worry about using singles. Also, the 2SJ74/2SK170 singles could be put in inline as according to John Curl, they work just fine backwards. Just compare the datasheet pinouts of the dual 109/389 to the 74/170s and you can see how to put them in if you want them the correct way.

Linear Systems does make duals, but not in a comparable or workable package, so if you use Linear Systems version, the singles are the only way to go. Their B variant matches up to the recommended Toshiba BL variant.

I think most of it is on HCFR, but I don’t think anyone made a proper guide as you request. PCB assembly is not too hard, except for few components on the control board and the 2 preamps. As usual start with small parts and double check / test before powering up.
What I can try to do is to translate HCFR first page here as many useful info are there.
And don’t hesitate to ask any questions :)

That would be super helpful.
Thanks in advance

@Alex, Just so I"m clear, is this the proper orientation for installing the matched pair of JFETs on each side of the UGS module?

JFET Replacement.gif