UGS-muse preamp GB

Transfer done.
Pls check again.

Thanks and the charged again a fee on the 10USD !! :mad:
Anyway I think I spotted the issue in my last message.
When I check the log of all the people that already paid, the only one where a fee was charged have "seller protection eligible" so I believe that is the reason why it cannot be a gift.

Edit : I inserted a note in the spreadsheet.

Last edited:
I have no idea as well. Thanks.
I am going to write them to understand if it is a mistake and if they refund I'll return the 10USD to you.

Hi Alex,

It is idiotic that such things happen that seem inexplicable to us, and PayPal support is down due to covid-19 viruses.

But found some info for our site and would think it's much the same worldwide at PayPal.

Transfer and receipt of money

- Domestic transactions

Transferring money to family and friends is free when you use your PayPal balance. There is a fee to transfer money as a personal payment using a debit card.

There are no fees when using PayPal to purchase goods or services. However, if you receive money for goods or services (for example, something sold on eBay), you will incur a fee. To apply for reseller fees, fill out the form.

- International payments

There is a charge for the transfer and receipt of international payments. Please note that the exchange rate fee also applies to a currency conversion. The Fees section of PayPal's User Agreement has specific information.

So some of our problems may lie in this, so if you know what your costs will be as an extra cost, will I assume most people are willing to pay it so you don't suffer because of this?

Hello Torvbakkane,
Thanks for your investigations, this is what I understand as well.
First let's keep as domestic transactions so please as mention already, next payments should be done in USD. With TWD the loss is significant, do not select Taiwan Dollar.

Then for the fee I am charged, I am quite convinced that this is because the buyer protection is enabled. Then it cannot be a gift as you don't need buyer protection when you do a gift then they consider as business and charge a fee.

So if we respect this then I am sure it will be fine.

Hi Alex,
Then I paid an extra $ 30.00, hope it holds, checked more this time so PayPal did not change your payment to TWD. So hope this went well.
What happened was that I deposited the amount in USD at the first payment, and as I proceeded, the program changed your currency to TWD from USD.
Otherwise, I thank you for the job you have undertaken to arrange for all of us, yes some you have with you, but some of us are just waiting for the turnout. So a big thank you to you and those who have stood together on this project with you.

Regards Helge

PayPal is kind of redicolous these days.
I made sure to untick "goods/services" in my first payment to Alex. More than 200$ for which they "stole" 10$ from Alex anyway.
Paid the missing 10$ as a gift, and they charged me 4.14$ to transfer 10$. That´s 41,4% in fee. This ought to be illegal.