UGS-muse preamp GB

Oneminde all your wishes are already fulfilled. If I get it right in the full kit there are already the pcbs for 2 encoders thanks to Pars and you are already signed in for the new power supply boards. If I`m wrong someone please correct me.

Attachments

• full kit.jpg
    full kit.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 416
can i suggest an RC filter followed by a schmitt trigger ?

I was considering adding something like a MAX6817 for debouncing both channels of the decoder with an SOT223-6 device. Is that something of interest? I assume that if I used the RRC debouncing, I would need to add 6 0805 components to the board for that, vs. the SOT which would do it all.

CG UGS Muse v2.0 (DiyAudio 2020) - Google Sheets

Last edited:
It was just a general comment since I edited / added the new PSU. Wasn't sure about the 2nd encoder, but that can be a std part which makes the panel manufacturing and packaging simpler.

:)

The changes you are doing on the online spreadsheet are not taken into account anymore. I already mentioned this was closed last week and I took a snapshot at that time of this online spreadsheet.
I am working on a complete different one with all the calculation for PCB and shipping costs.
From that one I will give the exact cost to all of you before the end of the week.

I was considering adding something like a MAX6817 for debouncing both channels of the decoder with an SOT223-6 device. Is that something of interest? I assume that if I used the RRC debouncing, I would need to add 6 0805 components to the board for that, vs. the SOT which would do it all.

CG UGS Muse v2.0 (DiyAudio 2020) - Google Sheets

You can but actually this is not needed. With the hardware filtering + the software debounce I am doing, I never experienced any problem.

Here is the final spreadsheet with all the payments to be done by each of you.

CG UGS Muse v2.0 (DiyAudio 2020) - PCB - Google Sheets

So I think we can now start the payment.
I never used PayPal to receive money and reading a bit on the web there can be some issues if not being careful for example having some transfer fees charged on my side.
If I understand well you all need to tick the transfer to friend option, pay in USD and pay from your PayPal balance then no fees will happen.

I welcome experts on PayPal to advise me here on the best way to proceed then I'll give my email using PM to initiate all the transfers.

I never used PayPal to receive money and reading a bit on the web there can be some issues if not being careful for example having some transfer fees charged on my side.
If I understand well you all need to tick the transfer to friend option, pay in USD and pay from your PayPal balance then no fees will happen.

I welcome experts on PayPal to advise me here on the best way to proceed then I'll give my email using PM to initiate all the transfers.

as i already said, i knew of situation where paypal has detected "friend and family" transaction as commercial ones...
I think you have just to be sure your account is verified... and.. that's all

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Hi Alex -

Thank you again for all the organizing and effort.

Payment sent per "gift" should not result in any fees from you. The buyer pays the transaction fee (if any depending on the type of account).

Cheers,
Patrick

Edited to add - I can transfer as soon as I know your account e-mail. Perhaps it would be a good place to put it in the Google sheet.
Apologies, this thread got big quickly, and I may have missed it.

Great work Alex.

Please refer to the PM that I've sent for my personal details.

For info, what's the service and standard associated with shipping?

For example, is it post with tracking or some other format?

Last edited:
Dear All,
Good news I adjusted the spreadsheet and it is cheaper vs. this week end for all of you.
Then I added as well a link to my PayPal.Me, apparently it allows me to give my info in a public way rather than having to send my email to all using PM (as I don't want to publish my email publicly on the forum, might be spammed later on).
So it should be ok now and you can all proceed with the payments.