UGS-muse preamp GB

can you show me how you solved the AC input on the chassis?

Very observant of you. There is room middle lower rear panel for an IEC but I didn’t like the idea so I put the IEC socket underneath. I tried to show it in attached front face picture with a light from the side. I can’t attach the rear panel files here due to it not listing / allowing the file type so please PM me your email.

Attachments

• C8B7C754-3210-4174-913F-23FE427AEBBF.jpg
    C8B7C754-3210-4174-913F-23FE427AEBBF.jpg
    818 KB · Views: 312
  • 07DD326B-8BBA-494E-A05F-632EEE588856.jpg
    07DD326B-8BBA-494E-A05F-632EEE588856.jpg
    627.5 KB · Views: 299
  • 7EC8EA76-B688-476C-9DB2-C070DB9B6791.jpg
    7EC8EA76-B688-476C-9DB2-C070DB9B6791.jpg
    725.2 KB · Views: 295
You have first to save to a setting bank... Then restore it back.
(Quite cumbersome... I know..)

This is the official way to set defaults

Well this is to give the possibility to save up to 4 different configurations.
So you can save up to 4 then not restore but rather use (menu has been named in this way) one of the 4 that you like.
This is why it is like this.

Now maybe I gave too much flexibility and 4 saving area are useless, one would be enough.

How would you like to see things?

Well this is to give the possibility to save up to 4 different configurations.
So you can save up to 4 then not restore but rather use (menu has been named in this way) one of the 4 that you like.
This is why it is like this.

Now maybe I gave too much flexibility and 4 saving area are useless, one would be enough.

How would you like to see things?

I would have used a slightly different approach.

No save / reload settings menu.

just a menu for selecting the current profile.
When a new profile is selected, the settings are automatically reloaded.

Once the desired profile has been selected, whenever a change is made in the menu, perhaps when the menu itself is exited, the changes made are automatically saved both in memory and in eeprom.

For those who still have the keypad active, the option to "boot" with the key pressed for automatic selection is however desirable.

Last edited:
I would have used a slightly different approach.

No save / reload settings menu.

just a menu for selecting the current profile.
When a new profile is selected, the settings are automatically reloaded.

Once the desired profile has been selected, whenever a change is made in the menu, perhaps when the menu itself is exited, the changes made are automatically saved both in memory and in eeprom.

For those who still have the keypad active, the option to "boot" with the key pressed for automatic selection is however desirable.

Now I understand how it operates the way it’s working is perfectly ok, that said I find myself forgetting to go back and save / reload after minor changes so this proposal would be a nice luxury.

One other idea well out of the scope of things but maybe an idea that’s either absolutely stupid or genius come some need for a hardware redesign / hack job would be to utilize the Muses gain that’s intended for opamp’s but having output 2 run through it so you could lower that output vs output 1 if desired.

apart of trigger issue I have reported to Alex (has anybody else tested trigger functionality?) and initial reverted rotation of rotator reported by Stones (which can be anyway changed in this new version of FW) all other functionality seem to be fine for me as well.
Thanks Alex and looking forward for small enhancement for triggers functionality.