UGS-muse preamp GB

Thanks gionag. This is helpful.

Does anyone have a set of pictures of each board from each board from known working preamp? It would be great to have them as reference.

Assuming no one person has a complete set of photos I'd be happy to have people send them to me and I'll arrange them into a single collection. PM me and we can work out a way to transfer the photos.
Relay go on the other side...

this...

...is what i found from previous builds.

Attachments

• FFD62332-F645-4F9D-B8A1-2035AE8CDFA6.jpeg
    FFD62332-F645-4F9D-B8A1-2035AE8CDFA6.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 231
Hi Alex :)

Working well here, have not found any issues so far. But it is lot of things to test.....;)
Regards
Johnny

Johnny, Did you remove power form the unit and reapply? I found today a default back to original settings, I made some encoder step changes and renamed an input and turn off and loose the renamed input and default everywhere. Could be something I don’t understand or I manage to break it :D

Also looks like the encoder names are inverted (if I change the volume rotation it changes the source and vise versa)

Last edited:
You have first to save to a setting bank... Then restore it back.
(Quite cumbersome... I know..)

This is the official way to set defaults

“Setting bank” meaning input x? Then assuming I understood I would have to also have it set to turn-on on that same input (instead of last input as example) because I don’t have sw1-6 to press the corresponding swX.... I hope you can follow my thinking as I feel like I am way off base and missing something obvious here.

“Setting bank” meaning input x? Then assuming I understood I would have to also have it set to turn-on on that same input (instead of last input as example) because I don’t have sw1-6 to press the corresponding swX.... I hope you can follow my thinking as I feel like I am way off base and missing something obvious here.

From menu:
Manage Settings -> save settings -> save settings to 1 (i am pulling that from my memory, i am sure the structure is there, but maybe the naming is totally invented :) )

then, after you saved succesfully to bank 1 you do :
Manage Settings -> restore settings -> restore setting from 1

DONE

at next power cycle your precious settings would be there waiting for you

Thanks Gionag that solved it.

Alex the encoders are inverted in the rotation setting (if I change the volume rotation it changes the source and vise versa). It’s a high class problem but the only one I found outside of the education Gionag provided. I have not tested triggers as I am waiting on some plugs.

This might help someone. I used an eBay “Goldmund” case (note two version of it exist, I used the all aluminum version). Just with the front panel upside down.

Attachments

• AE8C09C2-E511-49AB-B8D6-21EA60C2D76C.jpg
    AE8C09C2-E511-49AB-B8D6-21EA60C2D76C.jpg
    871.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 2ED6707A-601D-44F8-83CF-9FE2AABA799D.jpg
    2ED6707A-601D-44F8-83CF-9FE2AABA799D.jpg
    983.9 KB · Views: 259
I ordered from Aliexpress but I don’t recommend using this website, i recently received some very bad quality MC fairings that were also badly damaged in transit and they concluded that a 10% refund was appropriate! Credit card company claim will solve that but should i need to do it.....
Anyhow this chassis seller got me the case in two weeks and with no issues at all.
2020 GAOWEN F All Aluminum Chassis Preamplifier Enclosure Power Amplifier Case For Remote Control Circuit 430MM*92MM*360MM|Amplifier| - AliExpress

Rear panel and front badge from Front panel Express (awesome service) let me know if you want the files