UDNeSS, or You don't need Semisouth's

hello patrik I intend to build your UDNeSS project but I was intrigued by the diagram you published TOPIC: first watt J2 post 1312 page 132 which I report below
Now I ask can I get SIMILAR results using that scheme or is it better to do the UDNeSS as it is Default

The "J1014" And that's just me having fun.
I'm sure people remember the Zen V9 with a LU1014 triode cell.
So why not use it here instead of the Semisouths?

Here's how it might work.
A little more complicated, but now you can easily change the open loop gain.
This allows it to adapt to different speaker loads or NFB level.

Does Nelson still have 4k of those to give away?

Health,
Patrick

Attachments

• J1014 Sch Public.pdf
    300 KB · Views: 161
If only there was some interconnected network of computers where one could search for stuff... ;)

But really:

1. The diyAudio Store right here sells the current-production Linear Systems equivalents.
  2. Several trusted sellers of genuine Toshiba parts have been brought up time and again in multiple threads especially in the Pass Labs section (alweit, NicMac, punkydawgs, ...).
  3. If you put your mind to the task, you can still find thousands of these in stock at various suppliers all around the world - *real* suppliers of *real* parts, so the *real* price may not be to everyone’s liking (check e.g. NAC Semi in Florida).

I buy most of the components on AliExpress I also took the j74 and J170 BL which in the selection phase instead of giving me 10 or 12 mA gave me between 6 and 7 mA. I got them from sellers who cost a little more than the others but guarantee the original the only problem is that you have to wait between 50 and sometimes 65 days to receive the material

I buy most of the components on AliExpress I also took the j74 and J170 BL which in the selection phase instead of giving me 10 or 12 mA gave me between 6 and 7 mA. I got them from sellers who cost a little more than the others but guarantee the original the only problem is that you have to wait between 50 and sometimes 65 days to receive the material

I'm never buying electric parts on Ali, cause 99% - a big crap. Only on official dealers.

Someone asked here :
FirstWatt J2

> Will the circuit ProUDNESS with 2 pairs of output transistors work?

Yes in principle, but have not tried myself.
So build at own risk.

> I need more power and will it work from +/-32V rails?

To work with 32V rails, you will need an octet (8 pieces) of output MOSFETs.
Each MOSFET should be biased to 0.9A, and dissipates ~30W.
Not for beginners.

Patrick

Reactions: 1 user
F5 Turbo is 32V 2A bias.
Max output voltage ~28V; max. output current ~4A.
So optimum for 7R load.

ProUDneSS is designed for 4R load.
So max. output current should be 7A; which means bias 3.5A.
I design for 30W per MOSFET.
So 32V 0.9A, which means one Octet per channel.

But you are free to do what suits you best.

Cheers,
Patrick