• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Turntable Tachometer and motor speed controller

Hi James, I have replied.

Attachments

• 20210610_103200.jpg
    20210610_103200.jpg
    980.7 KB · Views: 541
My board came up right away in my Linn LP12, no drama whatsoever. Of course, it's built and tested by scobham Himself, satisfaction guarantied.

I'll tackle phase 2 pretty soon, i.e. offshoring everything to an external box, except the IR sensor and the Valhalla power switch. Instead of butchering the nice speedbox, I'd rather buy some extra modules:
@scobham: do you think the 2 items above will work?

Thanks & cheers

Finally getting to the TT I bought this for! Using this with a TD125 MkII. Having two issues though:

1) Motor will not start without being pushed. Once I give it a little nudge it seems to spin fine. Any thoughts on what settings I should be looking at to fix this?

2) In the setup menu, are the 33rpm and 45rpm frequencies intended to match the original specs? For the 125 I could only find a couple references that said 33rpm = 40 Hz and 45rpm = 55 Hz.

Finally, is it okay to have a laptop running on battery AND main power at the same time? Seems like you can, and since the software has a start/stop feature.

Finally got mine installed on the LP12 - again, a scobham build. All powers up OK and the motor, but I am now trying to connect the laptop to the board to do the fine tuning. As I understand it, this is all done with no mains power connected to the board. Plugging the USB cable into the board and laptop, the laptop recognises something is connected, and the board shows a red LED, but the PIDTuning program isn't seeing that anything is connected. Any tips?

Available: Fully built Scobham kit with tachometer and IR sensor. I just rec'd it several months ago, after settling into the new home. Sadly, I've just discovered that I won't be able to work on my Linn project anytime in the foreseeable future. PM me if you'd like to buy it from me. I'll ship the kit from ZIP code 94549 in the USA.
Cheers,
James

I have available a pre-assembled and tested (by scobham) board, with the momentary switch and internal sensor options. All unused and as received.

While I feel the scobham board is, all things considered, the far better solution, I went with Pyramid’s SG4 board which was arguably a better fit for my VPI’s Hurst motor.

Please PM me if interested. Thank you.

Board for sale

I have a preassembled board I received from Mr. Cobham last year. It worked great in my LP12 clone TT, mainly settling down the running of the motor. Speeds were good but I never got an RPM reading on the screen (not sure why). The switch works correctly, speeds changed as they should, the small screen lights up but did not show 33.3. Because I have other tables I disassembled this table and have the extra board and switch in the housing supplied. Looking to get what I paid. US model. Pictures available.
Contact Pete at Babylonart@aol.com

9k=
Z

Last edited:
Hi Folks ,

I'm looking for guidance regarding a tachometer/motor control unit for my Micro Seiki project . I'm using an origin live thing at the moment ,but I'm no impressed with the stabilty . This could be down to the belt slipping ? I have a long of time invested in this project , as well as money so would like it to be reflection of that .
Is this project still active ?
kind regards , Richard

Hi Richard, the DIY Group Buy has long since ended (over 18 months ago). There are two options. 1. Someone on this forum has a DIY unit to sell from the Group Buy - they do come up time to time. 2) I made a commercial version that is fully CE approved. You are welcome to purchase one on a trial basis. I won't post the details here as this thread is not for commercial purposes. However, if you send me a PM I will point you in the right direction.