Trust, the most delicious Dx Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to ask all Dx friends not to produce more boards

The one made by Alexmm was already aproved... and published not only here but also into other brazilian foruns and also Orkut.

Modifications now will generate mess and much more work to me because i will have to publish the new one in many other places than this one here.

Also i have sent all needed files to Greg, including the boards layout to be published into Greg Erskine home page.

This board is standard..final board...and the amplifier circuit is final too...this will produce more consistence and smaller threads....only one board, only one schematic option and into those 5 first pages all the informations needed to build were posted.

No more modifications please!...no more boards please!

Now it is time to build, to produce pictures, to post pictures and to write evaluations, listening impressions, group listening evaluations and testings and reviews.

Time to build!

Please Alex...no more boards!

Carlos

Junior from Brasil.... family name is Renato Comerlatte, is building the Trust

he is a Italian descendent, alike millions of us brazilians (around 15 millions have Italian ancestors...i am one of them)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• junior producing the trust.jpg
    junior producing the trust.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 567
I have learned something opening threads and controling them

the thread management is really an art.

We cannot give too much informations...people goes confused.

We cannot go changing boards...people goes confused

We cannot go updating or upgrading... people goes thinking the amplifier is "under construction"

We cannot accept theorists... they destroy the thread, some start to figth, to be agressive trying to be the "best".... thread becomes a mess.

We cannot open some amplifier to be re-designed by others, we gonna have hundreds of possibilities and builders will be confused wich one to build.

So... i am receiving my Master degrée related threads..... this one will be better than others and the future ones may be even better.

All informations are condensed into those starting pages...this will make easier to folks to have informations.

Also i discover people do not like old amplifiers, do not like condensers into the output...but i am trying to show some of them this is no sense...sounds good too.

Also folks love power... this amplifier, because low power, will not be well accepted, despite sounds so loud and so good alike some few amplifier can do.

regards,

Carlos

Renato, the Trust pioneer, works for an electrical industry

He build electrical panels with switches and relays to control industrial high powered electrical machinery.

Here's his left fellow friend into his job.

The mood is the natural brazilian mood...we are happy alike a morning bird.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• electrical control panels.jpg
    electrical control panels.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 568
Trust 70V..... more than 50 watts RMS at 8 ohms and more than 100 Watts RMS at 4 ohms

The low distortion was keept.... the board remains the same Alex mm board but condensers insulating voltage have increased..this may turn a problem to fix them into the board...maybe higher than the board (aerial, when only the leads enter the board and the part goes half inch above the other components into the board)

Insulating voltage to all condensers now are higher than 70 volts.

Transistors remains the same....now you understand why i have used those ones..already thinking to the higher power version.

You may need small heatsink to the drivers.

Bias potentiometer can be 2K adjusted to 1020 ohms or you can use 680 ohms fixed plus 500 ohms variable to better and easier adjustment.

Adjustment remains the same.... from 10 to 15 miliamperes over the power emitter resistances.

Output voltage...measured at the output condenser positive side and ground must be around half the VCC voltage..in this case it will be 35 volts...or sligtly more.

This amplifier can be modified to even more power and voltage.

Forum management does not accept higher voltages as they may be dangerous.... i do not know the limits but may be bellow 100 volts DC

Enjoy the Dx Trust 70V

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• trust 70v... 100 watts.pdf
    66.6 KB · Views: 337
This higher power version was not built

So... we can have some surprises.... well..this happens...into the simulator it is fine...well..into the simulators everything is fine.

Do under your own risk..this version is not guaranteed by the Corporation..it is just an option to powerholics.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• bd139 max. vce.gif
    bd139 max. vce.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 696
Re: This higher power version was not built

destroyer X said:
Do under your own risk..this version is not guaranteed by the Corporation..it is just an option to powerholics.

Carlos

I wouldn't be the least bit scared of using an 80V driver transistor at 70 volts. They take a lot more liberties than that with store-bought amps. 100V? Not without pre-testing and grading them
:) . But then you're getting up where you woudn't 'trust' it not to blow up if you made a mistake.

Use good heatsinks for the drivers.

Observe first bootstrapp resistance (1K) was increased to 2k2.

Observe the new final resistance value from input base to ground.

Observe the bias trimpot pré adjustment for start up purposes.... 894 ohms is the value to be pré adjusted.

Observe condensers have increased voltage insulation.

It is now guaranteed....tested and proved as good and reliable.

If you face problems...check your construction because for sure there are constructive errors...i have checked the whole thing.

Other transistors and other voltages may produce a different adjustment point.... different resistances.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• big heatsink.jpg
    big heatsink.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 633
Attention...to R2 it is better to use a 100K fixed plus

a 100K variable... and start your adjustment with 150K total..... in other words, set your variable one to half course...half resistance.

I have returned to lower voltage...now operating with 45 volts...i like the most this amplifier into the 35 to 45 volts version.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• fotos 3419.jpg
    fotos 3419.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 581
How about something more innovative? Isn't it in the end a bit boring to do what has been already done a million times?

In front of me sits a prototype capable of 3KW burst at 4 ohm. You would laugh if you saw the size of the heatsink required for full music output. It's a L-shaped thin aluminium profile :D:D:D Useful in hot climates like yours, I suppose...

BTW: You know, I don't say it with bad intention, but since you love to be always working in new amplifiers (no laziness), you could try other topologies too... Some day I may send you a lower power prototype ;)

Yes Eva... those may be boring..but really sounds nice

try one of those...just to give a break your your high tecnology amplifiers....you are a great designer....may be interesting to listen something different... coloured unprecise sound compared to new amplifiers.

But i really like the most those old ones....well Eva..i am old too...my head is filled with white hairs.... i am from the Beatles and Rolling Stones times.

thank you Eva.

regards,

Carlos

Be carefull folks with pre conceived ideas.... prejudice is terrible

There are beliefs into our communitty that all amplifiers that uses output coupling capacitors does not sound good.

Not reality.... i am uploading another video to youtube.

Listen and tell me if this sounds bad?

Those folks are afraid to assemble and listen, because this toy will smash their sophisticated amplifiers...they will be sad, they gonna drink full schnapps bottle, and will fell down into the street and embraced into a tree, their dogs will be licking their faces.... this is what they are afraid off.... to be crying and drunk!

ahahahahahah!... so frustrated they gonna be after listen this old toy.

The amplifier is a hell fast... i have listen more than 4000 amplifiers folks... this one is very, very, very, very good!

And fast... alike this Brazilian Hawk

regards,

Carlos

.......................................................................................................

Soon a new video into youtube

........................................................................................................

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I don't think that an output capacitor sounds "bad". You can take feedback before it to get flat low frequency response, but it certainly reduces maximum LF output, particularly at low load impedances (unless a huge one is used), it uses some space and it's one more part subject to stress and aging (speaker current goes through it). Plus there are many easy ways to avoid it in most cases.

One of my high power class D topologies uses a single 416V rail and the output is capacitively coupled (supply capacitors are center tapped at 208V), just for convenience and simplicity ;)

One day i will build a class D...but i am waiting the day someone will produce it

using only discrete.

Also with 1 Megahertz clock frequency.

I want to tweak the output filter.

Your circuits are too much sophisticated to me..sometimes i do not even understand what you say.... too much high level to my small knowledge......also sometimes you do not provide schematic..so... it is something impossible to me.

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.