• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TPS7A4700 low noise LDO regulator PCB

Dual board

Hi. I need t supply 3.3 v and 300ma for digital on dac and 5v 100ma for analog part. I assume the dual board will do both those, if I put filter caps and a diode bridge between my transformer and the board - is this correct? Sorry for newbie question.
Mark

Hi. I need t supply 3.3 v and 300ma for digital on dac and 5v 100ma for analog part. I assume the dual board will do both those, if I put filter caps and a diode bridge between my transformer and the board - is this correct? Sorry for newbie question.
Mark

Hi Mark,

as Microfast answered to you, PCB already has rectifying diodes which convert Ac from transformer to DC. No offboard components are needed.

Best regards,
Aleš

2 new projects

I've been a bit busy lately. First project is 3pin regulator based on TPS7A4700 regulator. It can directly replace any LM78XX regulator. I've sent a couple of these around and I am waiting for feedback.
Second project is based on the TPS7A8300 regulator. I am planing to use it for Raspberry PI power supply. Next week I'll receive components to complete the PCB and to test it.

Best Regards,
Aleš

Attachments

• IMG_20150331_132535.jpg
    IMG_20150331_132535.jpg
    929.6 KB · Views: 1,381
  • IMG_20150418_142010.jpg
    IMG_20150418_142010.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 1,312
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Tps7a4700 regs.......

Hi diy audio folks......today I have a litle bit of time and have put the tps7a4700 reg(the bigger one)and than the 3 pin regs that I have buy from Aleš aka mravljica.For first I must say that the quality of the boards is first class.I was totaly impresed when I opened first the package.I was by the work to modifying some cd player from Marantz model CD-17MKIII with BB PCM1716E dacs in the dac section.So I have take the solder iron in my hand and began to solder the usual 7805 out one for digital part and one for analogue part for this dac section.But first I have deside to take out just 7805 reg that was there for psu the analogue section of the dac and I have put there the big TPS7a4700 reg in.I let the player work for about 2 hours and than I listened for some music.I must say I was imidetly impresed what I have heard form this tps7a4700 reg.The whole music spectrum is improved and the noise flore is much lower and the bigest impresion was the bas,it was now fast,low and totaly controled than before with the chip 7805 reg in there.So with this impresion in mind I immediately solder out the second 7805 and the big tps reg block and insert two tps7a4700 3pin regs in the player.I let the player run for about 8 hours and than I began listen to the music.The 3 pin regs are just so superb like the big one.The 3pin regs have this player totaly transformed to higher level and if I can say somthing,the player now plays music like never before.Its like you just listened to some player in the much higher price range.The player now has much bether detail thru the whole spectrum of the music,the bass is totaly controled and deep,deep in the basement if I can say so,but the best was that the mid section hase become much fuller and the tweeter section is totaly detailed and sweet sounding now.I deside I will let the player now run for about 4-5 days so about 100 hours and than I will report back.But for now I must say this is the best price ratio performance reg out there.I have at home some belleson and the dexa regs,I will try this and make some comparision between this and the tps7a4700 from Aleš.And immediately when I will make this comparison I will let you know guys how this turned out between this regs.;)

Attachments

• IMG_20150417_133748-diy audio.jpg
    IMG_20150417_133748-diy audio.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 1,205
  • IMG_20150419_191514-diy audio.jpg
    IMG_20150419_191514-diy audio.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 1,156
I must say that i admire Aleš enthusiasm at Diy projects.
I also tried his regulators at some projects. Subbu dac supply, and subbu dac AVCC regulator. Both were wery good, from technical wiew and sound performance.
Sound is dynamic and noisless, and not thin sounded. But when you add big low esr cap at reg output you get capacitor sound not regulator sound type. I have tried sepc470uf and 1000uF Nichicon FP.
My late project is completely modification of Audio-gd dac 17.32.
Why modifing that good dac? I have heard it in comparison with TOTAL dac D1-twelwe and it was no way back anymore.
My project is now stopped because I am moving to a new flat and it is no time for audio for a whille.
But till now instaled regulators measurements are excellent. When i will finish my work i will report. I can not say anything about sound.

Attachments

• subbu reg.jpg
    subbu reg.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 1,148
  • subbu ps.jpg
    subbu ps.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 570
  • audio gd april.jpg
    audio gd april.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 569
Hi Aleš, just ordered one through your ebay listings.

Cheers

Ray

Thank you Ray. Just so you know I'll ship it tomorrow. So busy lately with daily job. :spin:

Enjoing your dual psu 3.3/5v alot.
Do you have a dual +-12v psu?

Sincerely

Currently I don't have any of the TPS7A regulators in stock. I believe in a week time I'll have new stock ready, will let you know.
Otherwise can you tell in what kind of setup are you using your dual PSU?

Best Regards,
Aleš