• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TPA3255, TPA3251 with Post Filter Feedback(PFFB)

Joined 2020
Paid Member
anyone got the board and had chance test it, feel free to comment feedback here for experience sharing.
we will start holiday from next week and board ordering won't available till Feb when we back.

thanks and enjoy!

I got mine in the mail the other day, it looks really nice, I plan on getting it into a chassis and tested this week, I'll be updating the thread with my feedback.

Running two amps for several hours at 48V. A bit of heat coming off the coils and the caps, nowhere near the heat buildup from the previous amp. The massive heat sink works as expected decoupling thermals from the passive components. Idle current hovers at 110mA and I expect it to remain pretty flat given the coils do not heat up.
Driving a pair of Purifi PTT6.5X4 & T25B active xo, I cannot hear anything resembling a hiss with no input to the amp.
I briefly compared sound to the (more powerful) Audiophonics HPA-S400ET on the same speakers and frankly I can’t hear a difference with various music types after setting both amps at reference output of 2.83V.
It’s a step up from the previous non PFFB amps IMHO.
Disclaimer - I’m past 50 and certainly not equipped with “golden ears” 😂
I also don’t have sensitive gear to measure stuff beyond 90dB
The only thing I miss out is the AUX 12V supply present in the non-PFFB, I used it to drive the DSP stage.

Attachments

• 93E4A449-63ED-4DB4-9762-14EFEE76739F.jpeg
    93E4A449-63ED-4DB4-9762-14EFEE76739F.jpeg
    421.6 KB · Views: 175
  • CE74250B-7974-4C23-993E-BA0E90A22952.jpeg
    CE74250B-7974-4C23-993E-BA0E90A22952.jpeg
    474.4 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hello, Non-Engineer here. Just about to order 3 of the new 3E TPA3255 (w/PFFC) mono boards to build a three channel amp. I intend to run each channel with a 4 Ohm load and run off of a single power supply. What would you suggest for the power supply?
--Meanwell SE1000-48 (large and noisy fan)
--Connex SMPS 800RS (least expensive options, but I cannot seem to establish whether these are noisy or not)
--MicroAudio SMPS1KS-PFCR2 @ 50VDC. If the ladder option, do you think that the extra capacitor PCB is worth the extra $

Thank You in advance.

Last edited:
At 160 Euro you can think about Hypex, just for example.
3e Audio had a good start and was given a lot of credit by this forums members. Then they started to develop a funny behaviour, which can only be seen as ignorance for (us) Western customers. Like anouncing products that where never made aviable and just going silent when problems surfaced. Practically they left the after sales customer service to diyAudio...
Now they offer a "new version" of an old product, that does not cost an extra Cent in production and charge more than double the price? They don't even provide a shematic for a DIYS product. Chinese thinking that someone could steal their 1:1 copy of a Texas Instruments data sheet circuit they copied.
They don't understand that a schematic is a basic part of an electronic product, if no service for repair and installation is provided. Just ask them...
If you have a problem or want to change anything for your application, you have to reengineer what part is where on the board.
Companies like Purifi, Hypex, ICEpower Pascal etc. developed wondefull amps, this did cost money, skill and years of time, from well educated people.

Just routing a finished circuit from a data sheet and picking the cheapest parts you can source, is no "development". This is what I did as a 15 year old shool boy: Reproducing some circuit I found in a magazine and building an amp from it
This is why these amp modules are not worth what the China boys dream of. If we are so stupid to buy them, it's our fault.

Reactions: 1 users
I payed about 105EU for this amp, 160 looks like an audiofonix markup. Btw I am also a customer of audiofonix, purchased their wonderful Purifi based amp and several plate amps in the past. The fun part with 3e, for me at least, is that I can experiment with different dsp engines for integrated active speakers. Each to its own application

At 160 Euro you can think about Hypex, just for example.
3e Audio had a good start and was given a lot of credit by this forums members. Then they started to develop a funny behaviour, which can only be seen as ignorance for (us) Western customers. Like anouncing products that where never made aviable and just going silent when problems surfaced. Practically they left the after sales customer service to diyAudio...
Now they offer a "new version" of an old product, that does not cost an extra Cent in production and charge more than double the price? They don't even provide a shematic for a DIYS product. Chinese thinking that someone could steal their 1:1 copy of a Texas Instruments data sheet circuit they copied.
They don't understand that a schematic is a basic part of an electronic product, if no service for repair and installation is provided. Just ask them...
If you have a problem or want to change anything for your application, you have to reengineer what part is where on the board.
Companies like Purifi, Hypex, ICEpower Pascal etc. developed wondefull amps, this did cost money, skill and years of time, from well educated people.

Just routing a finished circuit from a data sheet and picking the cheapest parts you can source, is no "development". This is what I did as a 15 year old shool boy: Reproducing some circuit I found in a magazine and building an amp from it
This is why these amp modules are not worth what the China boys dream of. If we are so stupid to buy them, it's our fault.
we are not same as other brand, and if you see our past diy kit you will find all of them are not only copy.
we support best from our side for any mod/failure case for diy.
we not planning to sell lots of them but only for some dedicate diyer that understand get a better money/performance balance product.