• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TPA3255, TPA3251 with Post Filter Feedback(PFFB)

I would love to see a full schematic! @bloqhed I agree with you that there is a reason I’m just not smart enough to intuit what that reason is. As I said, I hooked it up based on the printed info on the board, “short in- to GND at SE Mode”. That seems pretty clear to me and it sounds as good as my Pass Zen V9 Jfet class A amp. I have an email in to 3e Audio ‘French connection’ asking for clarification but so far no response. Meanwhile it’s been making beautiful Sounds 6-16 hrs/ day no problem for over 2 weeks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 76
@3eaudio
I ordered two 480-1-29A (mono version) from your shop, which I am powering with a Meanwell 48VDC / 10A Power supply.

As my source is SE, I am using a pair of Lundahl LL1540 to do the conversion from SE to PP. The primaries and secondaries are in series, for a 1:1 ratio. At the secondary side, I connected the output of the LL1540 to the +in and -in (red and black of the supplied cable), leaving the yellow wire (gnd of the amp board) unconnected. As the input impedance of the board is 20k, I have not added any more resistors or zobel to the LL1540. I made a drawing of the connection.

I listened to it, sounded nice, everything seems to work. Yesterday I wanted to confirm gain and phase, I put it at the testbench with 8R as load. I measured 0,18V at the secondary of the input transformer (so also 0,18V between the red and black wire going to the board), and 2V at the output. The gain is therefore a bit more than 10x, while the manual says it should be 20x. Any idea why that could be the case? Shall I connect the yellow wire to the center tap formed at the secondary of the input transformer?

I used a Fluke 17B to measure at 1kHz.

Attachments

• LL1540 3eaudio.png
    LL1540 3eaudio.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 37
Hi all, I have the 3E Audio 2ch amp with PFFB. I'm trying to team it with an Arylic Up2Stream Pro wireless receiver but I'm having some trouble - lots of noise comming through. In troubleshooting I can confirm the amp sounds fine fed from a signal generator, and that the Arylic sounds fine feeding a deskptop amp. The problem is when the two of them are connected together. I've made the mods to the 3E for Single ended input. The noise is not hum, it's more like loud static and unstable.

Does anybody have any suggestions?