• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TPA3255, TPA3251 with Post Filter Feedback(PFFB)

I soldered two large capacitors from the board, put the other two on the board. The height of the module has become less by 16 mm and now easily fits into the case. The sound hasn't changed, the bass is very good.
If the power supply did not fail with a capacity of 7200 μF, then now it will work even better and more reliably.
Thank you 3eaudio for a wonderful amplifier.

3eaudio
Can you plz let me and others know if you are actually planning to sell the amp the way it was tested by amirm/https://www.audiosciencereview.com
Thanks

There is a good reason why some manufacturers sell only "parts" (boards, etc.). If you want to offer a complete electronic item that is mains powered for sale in the EU (not sure about the US) you must first get it tested and certified. This is a very expensive for a small company to do. Sometimes it is not known how many units will sell, so how much cost to add on to recoup the cost to certify? Selling "parts" is much less risky.

One potential solution is to offer a "kit" that includes the electronic parts and a chassis, or offer them for sale but only separately. Perhaps 3eAudio will consider this option.

I think that many DIYers would be OK with basic assembly such as connecting wiring and using a screwdriver. If no soldering is required this makes the required skill level very low/basic and anyone can do it.

Reactions: 1 users

Stollery.​

Hi, I have a cheap power supply, 48V 7A.
You must have been sent a power supply not 48V.

Attachments

• Зе.jpg
    Зе.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: 1 user
I have a 3eAudio 260-2-29a 3255 amp board with a Meanwell UHP- 500-48 SMPS ps and rca, unbalanced, input. Speakers are Klipsch RP600M II’s with a R120SW powered sub woofer. My NAD 1700 tuner/preamp handles input duties but is not a balanced output. Comparing the 3eAudio with my Nelson Pass Zen V9 and I have no complaints. The 3e is clearly more powerful but the sound, blind, is VERY difficult to accurately distinguish any difference. Upon further breadboard level experimenting I realized I had hooked up the NAD to the 3e input with the signal - tied to ground on the 3e. And as I said it sounds marvelous. But looking at the forums people are talking about soldering in an additional pair of opamps and moving some R’s for unbalanced use. This is certainly something I can do but am wondering why? It sounds GREAT as is. My board is a Rev A Jul 2022 version.

So my question is do I need to add the opamps for se use or leave well enough alone with the - input tied to amp ground as printed on the amp? The NAD will soon be replaced, sadly, with an Aikido line stage preamp I’m building with some system level enhancements. It too is not a balanced out so I’m considering an active se to bal circuit if needed to simplify integration with the 3e amp.

Reactions: 1 user