TPA3255 Reference Design Class D Amp with PFFB

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
As long as they are the “best” to you is all that matters. But I have heard many systems and I can tell yours is up there. The frequency response in your thread is right on target with the slight tilt of the Harman House curve. I know what the GRS planar can do and I know Tang Band paper cone full ranges works well as a mid. I know you have got a great amp! 😂

You have a system to be proud of and can enjoy now. So spend some time relaxing and listening to music for a long time. Until the itch to build the XSD creeps in. ;)

Speaking of Pearl 3, I am listening to Jhofland’s version and it sounds fantastic. I have a much more basic TT though but nice cartridge.

Cheers,
X

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2021
Paid Member
Many thanks for the kind words, X!
It's great to read this from someone who is light years ahead of me in speaker design!
Yes, now I enjoy the music, I listen to it since many hours now :) and it's just beautiful.
However... I have so much itch when it comes to building... HyperSET, Pearl 3, some linear PSUs...
And of course I have to finish the xo of The Open Baffle (currently it's a lump of components with point-to-point soldering) and the birch ply baffles will also arrive soon (instead of the MDF ones)... so, very much to do :)
But that's fun :)

Many thanks again!
Cheers

Joined 2021
Paid Member
She likes it too :love:

PSX_20240128_175759.jpg

Joined 2021
Paid Member
After discovering how great this power amp can handle my speakers, it is now my main power amp, period.
I listen almost every day and it's simply gorgeous.
Just wanted to say:D
I'm curious, X, when you will offer another great power amp like this :cheers:

Joined 2021
Paid Member
Thanks for the reply. My concern with Class A amps is the behavior at "weird" speakers on terms of strange impedance curve. It's mostly not in the bass range, rather in the mids, and it can cause a shouty midrange without control.

Your Class D plan is great - but being a commercial thingie, no chance:rolleyes:

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
You could just build the Alpha Nirvana. Same amp. Add the SFPP and SSR speaker protects. Add the SLB power supply if you want to go all out.

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/alpha-nirvana-39w-8ohm-class-a-amp.344540/

Here is an example of the Alpha Nirvana in an exquisite build by Sledwards:
1708749531928.jpeg

Here is listening impressions by Poseidonsvoice:
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/alpha-nirvana-39w-8ohm-class-a-amp.344540/post-6987070

His build is also very impressive but I can’t find the thread off the top of my head.

The amp itself is quite simple all through hole parts.

1708749862208.jpeg

Joined 2021
Paid Member
Wow. Thanks X, I have to think about it, but it looks really great.
What's the difference between A40 and Alpha Nirvana, if any (if it's not a secret, which of course I would understand)?
The boards are in the shop; there is an SFPP with lot of SMD (no go for me), and an SFP with soldered SMDs - would it be okay too?
I fear a new project is born... 🙈