TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

To get -120db thd+n on a power amplifier is an mission impossible.:scratch2:
Yes, that is very true. I am referring to the es9038 dac.

Am just saying that because I want to know if the ne5532 can become the bottleneck, specially after PFFB which should bring the snr/dnr to 116/7.

And the benchmark ahb2 is rated at -118db, but cost usd 3000, so no chance of owning such.

Regards,
Kay.

I bypassed the whole input section - removed the 10uF input caps and connected Lundahl LL1540 instead - to my ears a cleaner and smoother sound - but of course YMMV.
Hi dubai2000,

Thanks for the info. Do you implement PFFB(post filter feedback)?

I looked at the PFFB schematic again and it seems there are some changes made in the components near the ne5532 opamps. If I bypass these and try to implement PFFB, am afraid there might be problems.

Regards,
Kay.

I built an amplifier using the 3e TPA3255 board and a linear unregulated 500W PSU. I installed the power switch between the hot from the receptacle (after the built in fuse) and the transformer.

When I switch off the power switch, the amplifier stays on and will continue playing music for 5 - 10 seconds before the capacitors drain. How can I have it actually turn off when turning off the power switch?

The transformer is 36V and the PSU is outputting ~50 volts to the amplifier board.

Am I missing a relay between the PSU and amplifier board?

I am thinking it would have a coil voltage of 110-120 and a switching voltage > 50V DC.

Is it better to let the capacitors drain or better to I am guessing prevent inrush current every time I turn it off/on?

Does anyone have a recommended chassis mount relay?

Thanks!