TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

Do you read what other say? I posted the original quad 405 schematic in the previous post.The original quad 405 , the one for which
Peter Walker was awarded by the Queen is a virtual ground design with single supply. There's no improved Quad 405 with "true symmetrical supplies"...just mambo jambo.
I'm affraid I'm going to report your post for commercials cause it's very clear to me as for others what your intentions are.
I used the original quad405
It is also powered by + - 50V.
I don't want to mention quad405. You proposed it.
I happen to know it very well.
Quad707 is powered by a single set of AC 80. But it is rectified from the filter capacitor
+ -55v DC was still obtained.
Don't deceive others with false things.
If you think a single power supply is better than a dual power supply. Just say so.
Just like I think dual power is better. I don't need anything else to prove it.
This is your freedom.

Attachments

• 405.jpg
    405.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 184
Account Closed
Joined 2010
I used the original quad405
It is also powered by + - 50V.
I don't want to mention quad405. You proposed it.

Don't deceive others with false things.

I am sorry, YOU'RE RIGHT about it.My bad.Quad 405 is not a virtual ground design.I have read the wrong article which made me assume it's the same with QSC designs.

If you think a single power supply is better than a dual power supply. Just say so.

Yes, by all means I do , and capacitor output coupling of speakers where ever it is possible, even and especially in BTL where theoretically they aren't needed ! But your IRS high power driver chips are single supply with charged pump bootstrap and level shifter .Check out the datasheet printscreen I posted or the full datasheet.It's only the output mosfet stage that's dual supply.

I am sorry, YOU'RE RIGHT about it.My bad.Quad 405 is not a virtual ground design.I have read the wrong article which made me assume it's the same with QSC designs.

Yes, by all means I do , and capacitor output coupling of speakers where ever it is possible, even and especially in BTL where theoretically they aren't needed ! But your IRS high power driver chips are single supply with charged pump bootstrap and level shifter .Check out the datasheet printscreen I posted or the full datasheet.It's only the output mosfet stage that's dual supply.
Actually, I know what you mean.
Floating ground of quad405. There is indeed such a saying.
He refers to the signal ground SGND. And the power supply ground PGND. There is a resistance between them. 10 OHM。
So it is called a floating ground line. In fact, it is no different from ordinary amplifiers.
Irs2092s is a dual power amplifier. Its chip is driven by isolation.
It is similar to the tpa3255 single power supply. The mode of performing BTL is different in nature‘
The irs2092s is the same as the quad405 or other ordinary amplifiers.
Because irs2092 is an isolated driver. This is equivalent to a differential circuit in an ordinary OCL amplifier.

Account Closed
Joined 2010
He said that the quad405 is a single power supply.
I just did it. Send pictures to confirm.
What's the point if there's no objection.
How are the photos with your kits for sale going to prove Quad 405 is a dual supply?The schematic I posted was the wrong example, but you just took one more chance to promote your kits.
You were already asked by another member about the role of your IRS chips promotion in TPA topic and you're both off topic and breaching the forum rules on promoting your sales in a different section which you do in multiple threads for a while and shamelessly arguing about anything while promoting your kits once again.
People told you this multiple times again and again...
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...ssion-design-etc.287470/page-234#post-7103985

How are the photos with your kits for sale going to prove Quad 405 is a dual supply?The schematic I posted was the wrong example, but you just took one more chance to promote your kits.
You were already asked by another member about the role of your IRS chips promotion in TPA topic and you're both off topic and breaching the forum rules on promoting your sales in a different section which you do in multiple threads for a while and shamelessly arguing about anything while promoting your kits once again.
People told you this multiple times again and again...
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...ssion-design-etc.287470/page-234#post-7103985
ok I can delete those photos.
I just want to tell you. I am very clear about quad405
This can reduce a lot of controversy. In fact, I don't like quad405.
I never recommend it to others.
Quad405 is not a very good amplifier.
It's only medium.

I see 2.2 ohms in the shematic but 10 ohms is a more generic value for the same purpose .
Anyway here's a TPA3255 topic and I'm reading you instead of the guys who wrote on tpa3255...
Don't always say that others are wrong. It was you who proposed quad405.
In fact, no matter what type of amplifier you say. I may have made them all. Including almost all class D. Amplifier.
In my opinion, all amplifiers are valuable.
Tpa3255 is an excellent amplifier with single power supply. But compared with the excellent amplifier with dual power supply.
It's almost there. This is determined by the innate structure. Because the speaker always works between the dual power supply + -.
Tpa3255 must use BTL structure. Otherwise, it can only work in OTL mode.
This is a compromise structure in itself. Therefore, hiend manufacturers do not use single power amplifiers.
If the working voltage of tpa3255 is + - 50VDC.
The output is not in BTL mode, and its performance will be better.

UPDATE: the 3e Audio board production is experiencing some delays. Latest ETA is end of September.
the board finally come out and looks good, i am planning to build heatsink panel and it take another few weeks.
if someone don't need heatsink then you can take it now.
@daniboun you may interesting on this version as you own lots of experience on TPA32xx and other high-end stuff.

Attachments

• 20220924_111841.jpg
    20220924_111841.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 311
Reactions: 5 users
the board finally come out and looks good, i am planning to build heatsink panel and it take another few weeks.
if someone don't need heatsink then you can take it now.
@daniboun you may interesting on this version as you own lots of experience on TPA32xx and other high-end stuff.
Thank you for the update!
Heat sink is a flat plate right? with threads to hook it up to a large plate or housing?
No opamp sockets I see

I’ve been experimenting with cooling for my 3e + Meanwell amp build and found that using thermal adhesive I could mount a decent heatsink on the Meanwell and it runs cool even without a fan. Im thinking my final solution will be a single 60mm Noctua mounted to the rear panel in low speed mode to keep some airflow in the case while still being very quiet.

Attachments

• B4512C27-2D6E-4C9F-A3BD-4342BFBE19B6.jpeg
    B4512C27-2D6E-4C9F-A3BD-4342BFBE19B6.jpeg
    484.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 3CB26EEF-F223-4EF1-A11E-E8B4E9F8DDF9.jpeg
    3CB26EEF-F223-4EF1-A11E-E8B4E9F8DDF9.jpeg
    288.9 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
I’ve been experimenting with cooling for my 3e + Meanwell amp build and found that using thermal adhesive I could mount a decent heatsink on the Meanwell and it runs cool even without a fan. Im thinking my final solution will be a single 60mm Noctua mounted to the rear panel in low speed mode to keep some airflow in the case while still being very quiet.
You should also change the interconnect cables.
Like you, I also initially used the cables provided by 3e audio, thinking that they were sufficient, but in the end, when I replaced them, the improvement was immediate. I used AWG 22 i2S cables for this, which I modified by removing the black plastic covering the socket, reducing the socket with pliers so that it fits the pins of the card, covering it with three layers of heat-shrinkable sheath so that once the cables are connected they are perfectly maintained by pressing against each other.

amp6.jpg

Last edited: