TPA3255 - all about DIY, Discussion, Design etc

Something must be wrong if you are hearing a significant difference in the sound for better or worse. Maybe the opamp was damaged from soldering the capacitor? What opamp are you using? Any pics?
Opamp is a 1656. I cannot thing it is damaged because is mounted on the socket, Now cap is removed and amp sounds exactly as before cap was mounted. With cap mounted i can hear a very close sound.

I can’t imagine soldering to the pins of a thru-hole opamp is all that risky but a surface mount opamp like the opa1656 is a different story! Soldering the cap underneath the board also has other advantages like keeping the lead lengths super short. That being said I don’t think the capacitor across the power pins is even needed unless the opamp is unstable.

Hello everyone,
I want to know how to reset the tpa3255 on my A07, it came with a very loose banana plug that got disconnected and touched another one on the panel when the amp was on.
When playing music, the power has decreased a lot, more than half, I think it has gone into some protection mode.
turion64 mentioned:
"Let's try something simple. If you haven't tried a RESET of the amp let's try that. All you should need is a SPST momentary push button between the reset pin and ground pins on the board (if you've got steady hands you could just use a piece of wire as a jumper). The board must be powered up when doing the reset."
Can you give me more details about this?
Thank you

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2020
Paid Member
A little birdie informed me recently that the TPA3255's are back in stock, you can see this yourself on mouser for example. But other parts are in short stock of course. Expectation is hopefully end of the month for boards being available it seems. I've tried 3e boards and JLE's and I highly recommend the JLE boards. I run a dual mono Sylph D-400M, but planning on building another amp to support 5 more channels from JLE boards.

A little birdie informed me recently that the TPA3255's are back in stock, you can see this yourself on mouser for example. But other parts are in short stock of course. Expectation is hopefully end of the month for boards being available it seems. I've tried 3e boards and JLE's and I highly recommend the JLE boards. I run a dual mono Sylph D-400M, but planning on building another amp to support 5 more channels from JLE boards.
What is it about the JLE boards that you prefer?

A nice manufacturer, well designed, high end components across the board, PFFB enabled/disabled via a jumper, and most importantly, phenomenal sound.
All of the above certainly, but also I would add that the JlesterP follows up and continually develops the products even after sale and supports users to implement improvements. JLE is a very reputable boutique manufacturer in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 users
Looks like this chip is basically a replacement for TAS5630? Hopefully we start to see some cheap boards show up from the usual Chinese sources in a few months.
My customer compared tpa3255 with irs2092s + irfi4019
The results showed that irs2092s + irfi4019 + - 50V was much better than tpa3255.
My customer has now decided to replace the previous tpa3255 version with irs2092.